45 💋

"Wake up! Wake up!!" Namjoon's eyes fluttered open, and he suddenly found himself breathing heavily, soaking Hyunseok's lap with his own tears.

Seokjin's brother held onto the young man, supporting him without interrogating him with questions about what his nightmare was.

He knew it must have been something terrible, judging by the way he kept on moaning and curling his body into a fetal position.

"Namjoon, what happened? Are you okay?" Namjoon pulled away from Hyunseok for a moment to explain everything. His body seemed as if it was about to fall apart from how hard he was shaking.

Hyunseok's reaction to Namjoon's nightmare made the younger feel confused. He had gotten up and walked away from him immediately, retreating to the kitchen.

When he turned back around, he handed Namjoon a tissue to wipe his tears away, but spoke nothing to him. He didn't opinionate a single thing about the haunting nightmare.

Namjoon found it odd that Hyunseok was acting so cold, and his quietness wasn't helping either. It only made him want to find out what was inside of his mind, the quieter the older became.

"Hyunseok, are you-" Namjoon and Hyunseok both bolted towards Seokjin's bedroom immediately, when they heard a loud thud and a blood-curdling scream followed behind it.

They found Seokjin hidden in a corner, trembling with fear. Namjoon was the first to run into the bedroom and cradle him.

"Seokjin! Seokjin, it's alright. Hey, look at.... Feel me. Feel me, I'm right here." Namjoon quickly corrected himself, aware of the man's temporary loss in his vision.

He felt terrible for blurting out such a word, forgetting that the poor man had lost his eyesight.

Seokjin held onto Namjoon like there was no tomorrow. The younger was confused for a moment, wondering what could have happened to him while he was peacefully sleeping,
but he was sure of one thing: Whatever happened to him, it sure wasn't anything like the nightmare he himself had just envisioned in his sleep.

The mere thought of what Namjoon dreamt send chills throughout his entire body.

"Namjoon!" Seokjin kept on holding Namjoon and smothering him as if the man would disappear.

"I... I was dreaming something terrible. Are you okay?" He continued to weep, realizing that he was still blind, when all he noticed was a pitch black cloud of blurriness in his eyes, slowly vanishing into nothing but darkness.

The small chance he had of regaining his vision had faded away along with his nightmare
and Seokjin wasn't sure if he could endure the pain of surviving without his eyesight.

He felt trapped. The tears he had been holding inside earlier when he was in the car with Hyunseok and Namjoon were threatening to spill out of his eyes at any minute, but he waited.

Namjoon himself was holding back on crying any longer. He just put his necessities aside,
focusing on Seokjin's, and making sure that the man was okay.

"I'm okay. I'm okay, baby. Come here." Namjoon gently embraced the older in his arms, caressing his head, softly.

Seokjin felt another pair of arms wrap around his body, that didn't belong to him or Namjoon.

"Hyunseok..." He whispered, feeling his twin's warmth.

"We'll protect you from now on, Seokjin. Against anyone and everyone, if we have to." His brother spoke.

"That's right." Namjoon agreed, pulling Hyunseok into a group hug. The three lasted in the soft embrace for a while, until Seokjin decided to use the restroom.

"One of us should go with him." Namjoon said, worried about the older man.

His twin brother on the other hand, he wasn't worried.

"He'll be fine, he knows his way around the house, Joon. Helping him out too much might make him feel restrained... Especially when it comes to using the restroom.

Besides, if there's one person he trusts in when it comes to personal care, then it's me, Namjoon." Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows, finding Hyunseok's sentence odd.

"I don't- I don't understand. What... What?" He stuttered, crossing his arms.

"I mean, you wouldn't want to clean my brother up. That's a job only I myself am capable of doing. I hope you understand-"

"No. Actually, I don't." Namjoon immediately replied, wanting to find out more of what Hyunseok was really trying to tell him. Because he knew that deep down inside, Seokjin's brother was hiding something from him.

And if there's something Namjoon can't stand more than unprofessionalism, it's lies. He's been lied to by many people in the past: Fake friends, gold diggers, and other salesmen who have attempted to take his money from Volts Edge.

"All I'm saying is, I'm capable of..." Hyunseok remained silent after a while, not wanting to cause anymore tension in between him and his boss.

However, the tension for Namjoon only grew, as he was close to exposing Hyunseok.

"Capable of what? Of taking care of Seokjin? Doing something as simple as changing his clothes and even showering him are something I'm capable of doing." He spoke, earning a gasp from Hyunseok.

"No you're not! I mean... You wouldn't want to see him naked, would you?" Namjoon turned red, balling his fists.

"What are you implying." He narrowed his head down at Hyunseok, staring at the man with piercing eyes.

Hyunseok hissed, becoming frustrated with the younger and his intentions towards Seokjin.

"What do you mean what are you implying, huh?"

"Well, what are you saying? That you don't trust me enough to shower your brother?" Namjoon snapped.

Hyunseok became flustered with anger.

"Don't misunderstand me, here. You know exactly why I don't want you to shower him." He spoke, as if Namjoon would know, when in reality, the man was completely unaware.

"No, I don't. How to expect me to know when you're being all secretive with me."

The young man waited for an answer, crossing his arms. When Hyunseok finally spoke the truth behind the reason why he didn't want him around Seokjin, Namjoon was shocked.

"In order to bathe him properly, you must do something that only I can do, and that is... Showering WITH him. And I don't want you to see my brother nude, let alone, be naked around him. Not when he's..." The older left his sentence on a cliffhanger and turned away.

"Go ahead, say it." Namjoon turned the man over, desperate for him to speak the truth.

"Just leave it at that." Hyunseok walked away.

"No, no! I wouldn't want to be left on such a cliffhanger. By all means, say it. Express yourself." Namjoon sarcastically spoke, bumping heads with Hyunseok, who had enough of his rudeness.

"You want the truth? You want the truth!?" Hyunseok shouted.

Namjoon lifted his hands in the air, slamming them against his jeans.

"I'm waiting."

"Fine! The reason I don't trust you alone with Seokjin is because he's defenseless at the moment and-" Hyunseok turned around, feeling his eyes widen at the sight he was currently faced with.

"Not another word, Hyunseok." Seokjin was standing right behind him, disappointment
written all over his face.

~~~