Scribbled Notes

Jughead's POV:
Dang, science class is so boring! I can't wait until it's over because then I can go sit in the library. Everyday after school, I go to the library to read, do homework, write, but mainly just to escape reality. I don't want to go home to my abusive and alcoholic father, so I go to the school library instead. As soon as I hear the bell ring, I jump up out of my seat and race to the library. When I get there, there are very few people there. Normally, I'm the only one that stays here after school.
"Hey Mrs. Blackwell" I said to the librarian. Over the past years, her and I have formed a bond. She's the sweetest old lady ever, and is almost like a grandma to me.
"Jughead dear! It's so good to see you! take a seat and do whatever you want, darling!" I smiled and walked over to my usual seat. It was by the window, and overlooked the schoolyard. I loved this spot because it gave me a chance to just enjoy nature's beauty. I pulled out my laptop, and started to work on the novel that I was writing.
When I finally came back to reality, It was dark outside and Mrs. Blackwell had left. I looked down at the table and saw all the words and pictures people had drawn on the wood table over the years. I smiled, grabbed my pen, and carved the word hi into the wood. I chuckled at the stupidness of it, and stood up. Slinging my backpack over my shoulder, I started on home.

Betty's POV:
When I walked into school early that morning, I felt a sense of relief. Yeah I know, school gives me relief, it's weird. The reason it makes me feel that way is because I get to escape my controlling mother. She's always picking on my grades, my weight, my hair, my makeup, my clothes, my friends, anything you can think of. Eventually, I got tired of listening to her bitch about it and started coming to school early so I could sit in the library. I've loved to read ever since I was a little girl, and the library let me relax and unwind. I opened the doors, and Mrs. Blackwell was siting at the desk like always. I loved her, and she was the best part of my day .
"Hi, Mrs. Blackwell! how are you doing?" I asked.
"I'm doing just fine, Honey! Why don't you take a seat and relax"
I walked over to my special table, it sat by the window and I loved it. I took a seat, and pulled out my book. I was currently reading Shakespeare. I loved those books because they allowed me to make my own opinions about the people and things in the book. It also didn't come right out and say things, you had to read between the lines.
Many, many minutes had passed, until I heard the first sounds of students walking in the halls. I glanced up at the clock and saw that it was 7:30. I still had another 30 minutes until first period started. I had started to read my book, when something to the side of it caught my eye. There was a single word "hi" carved into the wood. I laughed, probably some stupid kid just writing it to be funny. For some reason though. I got an urge to write back. So that's what I did. I brought my pen out and wrote hi right underneath it. I smiled at my silliness, and walked out of the library.

Jughead's POV:
At the end of the day, like always, I went to the library. I waved hi to Mrs. Blackwell and went over to my table. When I sat down, I saw the hi I had written yesterday, but then I noticed something. There was a hi written underneath mine, and that definitely wasn't there yesterday. I stared at it for a while, and decided to write back. There was no harm in having a little bit of fun. I wrote the words "So you talk to random people that write on tables?" I smiled a bit, and got on with my writing.

Betty's POV:
For the next couple months, this mysterious person and I have been writing back and forth. I have learned a lot about them.
1. They are a guy
2. He loves Shakespeare just like me
3. He is currently working on a novel about Jason Blossom's death
4. His home life isn't so good, his dad is abusive and an alcoholic
5. His favorite color is black
6. His birthday is March, 18th

He hasn't told me anything about him appearance wise, and I haven't offered anything either. I think we both kind of like having the freedom to not be judged for what we look like. The problem is though, the more we talk, the more I start to have feelings for him. I know that i've never seen him, but I love his personality. He's so charming, sweet, funny, charismatic, kind, engaging, humble, the list goes on and on. There has been a big development though in our "relationship". We recently exchanged numbers and I've been waiting for him to say something. I would say something first but i'm scared he'll reject me, and we won't ever talk again. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Late on Saturday night, I was on my phone texting with my bestie, Veronica, when I got another text notification. It was from mystery guy! My eyes widened and I squealed with joy. I opened it up and carefully read the text.

Mystery guy: Hey, it's me. I'm sorry that it took so long for me to say anything. To be honest I was so nervous that you wouldn't want to talk to me. Anyways, i've been thinking lately that I think it's time we meet up in person. What do you think?

My heart stopped. He wanted to meet in person? I bit my lip as my fingers hovered over the keyboard. I wanted to meet him so badly, but what if he was disappointed by what he saw? Before I could think too much more into it, I replied.

Mystery girl: Yeah, Id really like that

Mystery guy: Oh um okay cool! How about we meet tomorrow at Pop's? 6 PM work for you?

Mystery girl: Sounds perfect! see you then!

I shut my phone off and put my head in my hands. What have I gotten myself into?

Hope you guys enjoyed! don't worry there will be a part 2 coming soon!