Stars

Part 2 to Till Death do us Part will be out tomorrow:)

Betty's POV:

"Okay just a little bit farther." 

I giggle as Jughead continues leading me to a mysterious location. He planned this really amazing date for us, but told me I had to be blindfolded until we arrived at the spot. I felt him make us abruptly stop and he let go of my hands.

"Ready?" I nod my head eagerly and can feel the smile that is gracing his face.

"3"

"2"

"1" 

He counts down and gently takes the blindfold off of my eyes. I stare in awe at the beautiful forest that surrounds us. There was a clearing where Jug had set up a blanket and snacks. He had strung fairy lights on the trees around the blanket. I look at Jughead and kiss him passionately. He's  the first to pull away and grabs my hand again guiding me over to the blanket. He lays down and pats the spot next to him. I lay down and rest my head on his chest, and my hands are rubbing circles on his chest. His fingers absentmindedly playing with the ends of my golden locks. My eyes stare up at the night sky, littered with millions of bright little stars. The only light is the glow of the moon and the light glare of the fairy lights. 

I look up at Jughead to find him already staring at me. He leans down and presses a soft kiss to the side of my head.

"Jug this is beautiful." I whisper. I tear my gaze away from the ocean blue of his eyes, and back up at the sky. 

"I just felt like we could use a break." He pauses for second before continuing on, "Can I tell you a story?" I nod and listen to the soothing beating of his heart.

"Once upon a time, there was a little boy. He was the loner kid from the wrong side of the tracks, and everybody thought he was weird.  One day, he was reading one of his favorite books-Romeo and Juliet- on a bench during recess. These boys came up and ripped the book from the grasp of his chubby hands, and made fun of him for reading a "girl's book". He just sat there and took it, because that was all he knew. He thought it was normal to be teased and hurt by the ones that are supposed to love you, or even just like you. Then as he was getting bullied, this beautiful blonde goddess came up to the group of boys and threatened them to leave. When they didn't go away she punched all of them, making them run away crying. The little boy was in awe of the girl, and he didn't understand why she would do that for him. From there the two became best friends and did everything together, and the little boy grew up and so did the girl. The boy started to feel things when he was around the girl. Whenever she smiled at him he felt his cheeks flush, and when she laid her head on his shoulder he could still feel her touch there hours after it had passed. He soon realized that he liked her-well loved her- as more than a friend. He kept it to himself though, in fear of rejection which everyone is afraid of. He left it all inside and let it bubble up, until one night, when the boy and the girl were sitting in the place they felt most at home. They were writing together, and the boy looked up at the girl, and the girl looked back at him. The tension in the air was thick, and the boy knew it was time. He leaned forward and placed his lips upon hers, and to his surprise she kissed back. It wouldn't be till later that he found out she had loved him ever since she first saw him. After the kiss they shared, they grew closer and started to date. They said "I love you" after a week of being together, because they had waited their whole life to say it. This is the end of our childhood story, but the beginning of our forever, Betts."

Tears fell down my porcelain face, and I sat up to face him. He sat up leaning on his elbows with a shy smile on his face. I connected our lips and crawled onto his lap. His hands roamed over my back, and eventually landed on my hips, caressing the exposed skin from my shirt. We kissed until we were both breathless and had to stop. I pulled back and looked at his face. His gorgeous, handsome face that I love so much.

"Betty, I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He whispers. I climb off his lap and sit across from him with shock on my face.

"Really?" I ask. 

"Yes! I always have. I want to buy a house, get a dog, get married, and have kids with you. 2 girls and 1 boy, who we will love and spoil. I want all of that with you, and only you."

"I want that with you too." I let a stray tear fall, and he reaches up to brush it away. I lay back down in his arms, but feel my eyes start to droop. The sounds of the night lull me to sleep, along with Jughead's rhythmic breathing. Just as I am about to fall into the world of sleep, I hear Jughead whisper an "I love you" into the darkness of the night. Letting it echo for everyone to hear.