Meeting the Family

Thank you so much to @FLORDIALuver for this idea!

Betty's POV:

I wake up to light, feathery kisses being planted on the back of my neck. I smile and roll over in bed to be met with the handsome face of my boyfriend. Jug's arm is slung over my waist, and he pulls me tighter against his front. I shove my face in his neck and close my eyes, but whine when I feel him pull me out of his neck and force me to look at him.

"Betts we gotta get up and go to school. You don't want to be late." He chuckles and kisses my forehead.

"I don't care about school all I want is to sleep." I roll away from him and curl up with all the blankets.

"Woah only living here for a month and I'm already rubbing off on you." I giggle and Jughead grabs my hands and drags me up out of bed. He laughs when he sees my pouted lips. I slump to the bathroom so I can start getting ready for the day. I brush my teeth, pull my hair up into that obnoxiously tight ponytail. Even when I'm away from my mother she still has a handle on my life and my appearance. I go back into Jug's- our- bedroom and walk over to our shared closet. It makes me smile whenever I see our clothes hanging side by side. This is what it'll be like when we get married and live together for the rest of our lives. Somewhere far, far away from Riverdale. I grab some light blue jeans and pair it with a pink sweater and my white Converse. I walk out of the room and look in the kitchen to see Jug sitting at the table stuffing his face with cereal. I laugh and peck his cheek while grabbing an apple for myself, since I'm never really hungry this early in the morning. He is already dressed in an S-shirt and dark jeans. He's wearing Vans and of course, his beanie that I love. We sling our backpacks over our shoulders and link hands as we start the walk to school.

We walk through the big double doors of hell, and go to the student lounge to meet up with the others. When we walk in Veronica and Kevin say hi and call me over, as the serpents do the same with Jughead. He squeezes my hand before walking over to talk to Sweetpea and Toni. I go and sit on the couch next to Veronica, as she starts telling me about this guys Kevin is seeing. I'm only half listening as I lay down on the couch and close my eyes. I listen as their voices fade and sleep takes over my body.

I feel someone lightly shaking my shoulder and open my eyes slowly to see Veronica standing above me.

"B, you need to get up. The bell for first period just rang and if you wanna make it to math on time you better get your ass moving." She says. I nod and sit up while rubbing my hands over my face. To be honest, I haven't been sleeping well at all lately. I keep having these nightmares about my dad, and they cause me lots of anxiety and paranoia. I groggily stand up and grab my bag. I realize Kevin is also standing next to Veronica, and he pulls me into a hug which he somehow knew I needed. Together we all walk to math, and Veronica starts telling us about her and Archie's one year anniversary which is on Saturday. We all go sit in the middle row in math, and take out our books just as the teacher walks in and the bell rings.

At the end of the day, as I'm at my locker putting my books away Jughead comes up to me with a huge smile on his face. He grabs my cheeks and pulls me into a passionate kiss which I smile into. He pulls away and the grin remains the same, but now I have a matching one.

"What's got you so happy?" I ask him.

"My dad just called and told me that my mom and JB are coming to stay with us for the weekend." He says excitedly. My smile falters slightly as he says 'stay with us.' I'm worried that JB and his mom won't like me living there with him, or even being around during their stay. Jughead must sense my apprehension because he puts his hands on my arms and rubs in a comforting motion.

"I think I'll stay at Veronica's while your mom and JB are here. I'll come back once they leave."

He looks at me weirdly and says, "You don't have to do that. I want you there while they're in town."