Pet Store

Betty's POV:

"Are you ready? Let's go get you some new toys!" I look down at the little dog at my feet, and she cocked her head at me. I had recently adopted her from an animal shelter where she was found abandoned on the side of the road. I named her Rose, because she was in a box by a rose bush when they found her. She's a little Pomeranian puppy, and is only 2 moths old. I tug on her leash lightly, and we start walking toward PetSmart. I take her over to the toy aisle and let her explore all the toys and sniff them. She starts to whine and chew on her leash, so I take that as she doesn't want the leash on. I bend down and unclip the leash from her sparkly, pink collar, and she takes off running out of the aisle. 

"Rose! Come back!" I yell after her. 

I run to the end of the aisle, and look left and right but there is no sign of her. I rub my hand over my face, and run in aisle after aisle, but she isn't there. Just as I'm about to give up, a worker comes over the intercom to announce something. 

'We have a lost dog up here. If you're missing a puppy with a pink collar and looks to be a Pomeranian, please come claim her at the registers. Thank you!" A beep can be heard and the intercom clicks off. 

I rush up to the front, and see a man holding my dog while talking to one of the workers. I breathe a huge sigh relief, and rush up to them.

"Oh my gosh! You gave me a heart attack, Rose! What were you thinking running off like that?" She snuggles her little head into the crook of my neck. I click her leash back on and put her on the ground. I look up at the man that is still standing there to thank him.

"Thank you I-" my breath catches In my throat when I meet his gaze. His dark, brown curls that are wild, but frame his beautiful face perfectly. His jawline is sculpted so sharply and his blue eyes are deep and could make anyone get lost in them. He's wearing a beanie atop his head that mask some of the hair on his head. I cough nervously, and look at the ground.

"I am trying to say thank you. I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't found her." He waves his hand to dismiss my comment.

"It was really no problem. I was just looking for a new bed for Bear here, and saw her running around. She actually ran right up to Bear and they started to play together oddly enough." We both laugh and I look down at our dogs, who are laying on the floor together cuddled up. 

"Looks like Rose has a little crush." I giggle and look back up at him. 

"Bear too." He responds. Silence hangs in the air as we stare at each other, and he's the first to look away with a nervous laugh. My face heats up, and a blush creeps up over my cheeks. 

"Well we should get going. Thank you again.." I trail off.

"Jughead." He fills in for me. I smile at the unique name and hold my hand out for him to shake.

"Betty. Betty Cooper." He grabs my hand and shakes it with a smile on his face. 

"Okay Rose. Let's go." Rose whimpers and stands up reluctantly. I sneak a peek at Jughead one more time before walking out with Rose. Once we're out to the car, and about to leave I hear a knock on the passenger window. I whip my head over and see Jughead standing there panting heavily. I roll down my window with amusement written all over my face. 

"Betty...before you go," He says with breath between each word. "Can I get your number? So we can hang out again?" He looks nervous and I grin. I shake my head yes and rattle off my phone number to him. We say goodbye again and he promises to text me soon. The whole ride home I can't get rid of the goofy smile that's taken over my face, and the man that has crowded my thoughts. 

-3 Years Later-

Jughead's POV:

Today was the day. I am gonna ask Betty if she'll be my wife. I didn't want to do anything over the top, so we're gonna go for a small hike up to a waterfall and I'm gonna propose in front of the waterfall. We get in the car and start the drive to the trail, and the whole time I have my hand resting on her thigh where our hands are linked together. I look over and smile at her and she returns it. 

I stop the car once we arrive, and go over to help her get out of the car. She kisses my cheek as a thanks, and we hold hands as we start the hike up to our destination.

"Jug how much longer?" Betty complains after a while, and I laugh.

"It's right around this corner." I stop us as she stares up in awe at the waterfall. Her eyes shine with adoration as she glances between the water and me. She grabs my face and pushes her lips onto mine. I pull away after a minute, and take a deep breath before I start my speech.

"Betts, I love you. I love you so much, and I couldn't be more grateful for that day in the pet store. You are the most beautiful, kind, caring, sweet, funny, and lovable person alive. Without you I don't know where I would be. You are my other half and my whole world. I want to be with you for the rest of my life," I slowly get down on one knee and pull the little box out of my pocket. Betty's hands fly up to her mouth as tears start spilling from her emerald eyes. "Will you marry me, Betts? Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" I finish and stare up at her. 

"Oh my gosh! Yes! Yes! Yes!" She exclaims. I laugh and pick her up spinning her around as she giggles. I put her back down and slip the ring on her finger. I kiss her, and our lips move together in sync. I try to convey all my love and emotions into this one kiss. We pull back slowly and lean our foreheads together.

"I love you Juggie." She whispers.

"I love you more."