Fake Love Part 2

Betty's POV:

My alarm blares annoyingly, and I groan while rolling over and hitting the off button. I wince while sitting up, and a wave of pain hits me when I stand up from the bed. I grip the nightstand by my bed, and close my eyes while trying to gain the strength to walk to the bathroom to start getting ready for the day. I slowly let my grip loosen, and slump into the bathroom. I rest my hands on the sink, and look up into the mirror to see my reflection staring back at me- although what I see looks nothing like me. A huge gash is on my forehead, and smaller cuts litter my cheeks and face. My right eye is surrounded in a black and purple bruise, and my left eye is swollen shut, and I can't really see much out of it. I lift my shirt up, and gasp when I see the state that my ribs are in- the bruise is a dark blue with a mixture of green, and my ribs are almost twice the size than they were before the attack. I gingerly touch it, but pull away when an excruciating pain hits me. My head is pounding, and I feel as if I were hit by a bus- a school bus that had 10 other school buses stacked on top of it. I lean back and rest my head on the white wall behind me, while closing my eyes and letting out a sigh. I open my right eye, and peek at the clock on the wall in front of me, 6:30 it reads. 

"Oh shit!" I exclaim, and move as quickly as I can without causing myself too much pain. I carefully pull on black leggings, a gray hoodie, checkered Vans, and decide to leave my hair down for the day, falling down onto my shoulder in gentle waves. I put my backpack on my left shoulder, but immediately move it to my right when I feel my shoulder scream at me. 'Great, just another place that is going to be in pain for the next couple weeks' I think to myself. I open the door of my apartment, and lock it behind me. I shuffle out of my building, and trudge all the way to the school. 

I open the double doors, and all heads turn to face me. Gasps can be heard up and down the halls as they all take in my appearance. I keep my head up, and don't make eye contact with any of them as I made my way to my locker. I swiftly put in my combination, and the locker door swings open. I hang my backpack up, and grab my books for science class- my first class of the day. I slam my door harder than necessary which causes everyone to stop talking and turn to face me. I see Reggie and the whole football team smirk and snicker at me as I walk past them and through the doorway of science. I put my head down and walk to my seat in the back where I slump into the chair. I close my eyes and rest my head on my folded arms in front of me, and let out a quiet sigh. I feel eyes burning into the top of my head, and I bring my head up just slightly so I can see the faces of my classmates. I look to the right, and see Jughead sat staring at me in concern. He sees me looking back at him, and tilts his head while mouthing the words 'are you okay?' I just shrug in reply and return to laying my head down. My eyes hurt, and my whole body is in the worst pain I've ever felt. I hear the teacher come in and welcome us all into class, but I don't even bother lifting my head up to pay attention. She tells all of us to turn to page 34 in our textbooks, but I make no move to even grab the book. I just close my eyes and focus on my chest moving up in down rhythmically. I let my mind wander to the night before with Jughead, and our conversation. I really enjoyed it, and I don't remember the last time anyone wanted to talk to me, or even be in close proximity with me after what happened with my dad. I feel myself start to smile and I don't try to stop it. I let the feeling of content wash over my body. 

"Ms. Cooper, willing to share what you're thinking about with the class?" The teacher says, knocking me out of my fantasies and making the smile on my face disappear. I sit up but don't move my gaze from the desk. 

"No, I'm good thanks." I say back. 

"That's what I thought. Now pick up your book and turn to page 34, why don't you?" Everyone around me laughs, and I feel anger start bubbling up in my stomach. I close my hands into fists and dig into the soft flesh of my palm. I try to stop the anger from coming out, but I can't. It's impossible to stop, and something in me snaps.