Cravings

Jughead's POV:
I rolled over in bed half asleep and stretched my arm out to pull Betty in closer to me, but to my surprise my hand fell right down onto the mattress. I opened one eye and so her spot empty. I jolted awake out of bed and went to look for her. I looked in the bathroom thinking maybe she hadn't felt good and came in here, but that thought was pushed away when I saw that she was no where to be found. I went downstairs and checked the kitchen, living room, and even the nursery. Betty was 5 months pregnant with our baby girl, and had spent so much time getting the nursery to look perfect. I ran downstairs and tried her phone but I heard her ringtone coming from the bedroom, and realized she didn't have it with her. I started to pace the living room floor as tears threatened to spill down my face. What if she was in trouble? Or in pain? Or what if...she left me, just like everyone else. I sat down on the couch and ran my hands through my hair. I let the tears stream down my face as I choked back sobs. Over the sound of my crying I hadn't heard the front door open, and Betty walk in with a grocery bag in hand.
"Juggie what's wrong, my love?"
My head snapped up and saw the beautiful face of my wife. I quickly ran over and gathered her in my arms. I peppered kisses all over her face, and leaned down to place kisses on her swollen belly. She stopped me and picked my head up so she could see my face. 
"Why are you crying?" She asked softly while stroking my cheek with her thumb. I settled into her touch and closed my eyes.
"I thought you left me" I whispered.
"Baby," she sighed, "I'll never leave you. You're it for me. I love you and want to have this child with you. You're my everything." I smiled at her and pulled her face to mine to connect our lips in a light kiss. When we pulled away I smiled and glanced at the bag still in her hand.
"Where did you go?" I asked. She looked down in embarrassment and replied,
"I got a craving for pickles so I went to buy some"
I laughed and kissed her forehead.
"I don't understand why you like them so much" I shook my head and sighed.
"Pickles make anything better. Anything." She turned and waddled away into the kitchen. I followed her and had one of those surreal moments where I can't believe she's mine. She was eating a pickle with juice dribbling down her chin and plopping onto the counter. She really is my soulmate.