Choosing Her

This is gonna be a long one. Also the part 2 to bullying will be out soon:)

Betty's POV:

Juggie<3: Sorry babe, can't make it tonight. Toni wants to hang out

I sigh and shut my phone off, not even bothering to reply while sinking lower into the booth. He's stood me up again to go and hang out with Toni. For the last 2 months, Jughead has been ditching our dates and hangouts and we barely see each other anymore. The times we do see each other is, sometimes at school if he's not busy talking to Toni. 

I stand up from my spot in the booth at Pop's where I was waiting for him to show up, and shrug my coat on. I wave bye to Pop as I walk out of the cozy diner and in the direction of my three-story residence. The fall air nips at my legs and ears as I walk through the windy night, and the sound of leaves crunching underneath my shoes fills my ears. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, and take it out to look whose calling me. Veronica's name flashes on the screen, but I ignore it and let it ring as a tear escapes from the corner of my eye. 

When I arrive home, I push open the front door to be greeted by my over-bearing mother. 

"Elizabeth, where the hell have you been? Please tell me you were not out with those lousy friends of yours." I roll my eyes. 

"I went to Pop's for dinner." I say simply. Her eyes go wide and she scowls. 

"You are not allowed to go to Pop's. You are already putting on a little bit of weight, and we don't need you becoming fat. Do you understand?" I just nod my head and hold back a sigh. 

"Good." She pats my cheek, and walks off back into the kitchen, probably to have another glass of wine. Tears build up in my eyes, and I quickly run up the steps into my bedroom, and close my door. I lean up against the wood of my door, and slide down until I'm on the floor. I pull my knees up to my chest, and wrap my arms around them burying my head in my knees. A sob comes out of my mouth and tears cascade down my face and drip onto my jeans. 

The next morning, I tighten my ponytail and slip my feet into my checkered Vans. I grab my backpack up off the floor by my nightstand, and pull it onto my right shoulder. I take one last glance into the mirror before bounding down the stairs and into the living room. I walk over to the front door, and step outside and onto the porch, before my mom has time to come and bitch at me. 

As I'm closing the door behind me, I hear another door slam shut from not too far away. I lift my head up, and see Archie descending the stairs from his front porch. He sees me looking and comes over with a broad smile on his face. 

"Hey Betty, how you doing?" He asks while walking down my driveway with me by his side. I give him a small smile and a shrug. He just gives me a nod, and doesn't ask me about it which I appreciate. The rest of the walk to school, he tells me about the surprise he has planned for Veronica for their 1st anniversary which is coming up in a couple days. I nod along and try my best to listen, but my mind wavers in and out of listening. It continues like this until we walk through the doors of Riverdale High, and are separated due to the people in the hallways. 

When we are able to make our way through the crowd of our peers, I see the serpents standing in the student lounge. I watch as Jughead laughs and talks with Toni, and she caresses his arm which he doesn't make any move to stop. I feel my stomach churn at the sight, and when Jughead turns and catches me looking I turn around and walk to my locker. My hands move swiftly over the lock as I put my combination in, and watch as the door to my locker pops open. I hang my bag up on the hook and as I'm about to grab my books from the shelf, I see someone in my peripheral lean against the locker next to mine. I look over and see Jughead staring at me with a smile on his face.