Pet Fiasco

Betty's POV:

I was out running errands this morning, and happened to pass the pet store. I couldn't resist and I went inside. I wasn't actually planning on buying a pet, but then I saw this really cute hamster and he looked so sad and lonely so, I bought him. I got all the necessary materials to take care of the hamster and went back out to the car. I put him down in the passenger in the little box the cashier had placed him in. That's where I am right now. Headed home to tell my fiancé that I bought us a hamster. 

         When I pulled into the garage I took a deep breath and stepped out of the car, hamster in hand. I walked through the front door, and placed all the bags on the kitchen counter. 

"Betts?" I heard Jughead call from the living room.

"Yeah?" I squeaked out. He must have heard the nervousness in my voice, because he came rushing into the kitchen. When he came in he eyed the bags on the counter, and raised his eyebrow.

"Betty, what did you do?"  

I sighed and turned around to grab the hamster from the box. I placed him in my hand, and slowly turned around. Jughead's mouth dropped open, and then was replaced with an angry expression.

"Surprise?" I said. He sighed and ran a hand over his face.

"Betty, this isn't something you just do, You should've asked me first or at least talked to me. I need to be in on big decisions like this." He told me sternly.I dropped my eyes to the hamster and pet his little, fluffy head.

"I'm sorry. I just saw him in the pet store, and he looked so lonely and abandoned. I know what it feels like to be alone, so I wanted to save him from that." I said quietly. I felt Jug come over and bring my head up. He placed his hands on my cheeks and kissed me lightly on the lips.

"I know, but you still have to talk to me, okay?" I nodded kissed him again. 

I brought my hand up which still held the hamster and presented him triumphantly. Jughead just chuckled and kissed my temple.

"What are you gonna name him?" He asked. I thought for a minute and then the perfect name came to me.

"Bubbles!" I yelled. Jughead shook his head and wrapped his arm around me from behind.

"It's a good thing I love you Betty Cooper, soon to be Jones." I just smiled and leaned my head against his.

"I know"