Fake Love Part 3

-Time skip to the weekend- 

Betty's POV:

I stand in front of my full length mirror, staring at my reflection. I'm wearing a baby blue dress paired with my white flats, and my hair is down slightly curled. I did my normal natural make-up, but had to cake some onto my bruises and cuts to make them less noticeable. I glance quickly at the time on my phone, and realize that it's time for me to go and meet him at Pop's. I let my front door slam shut behind me, and lock it with my key. I start the walk to Pop's, and make sure to look at my surroundings. Ever since the night of my attack, I've been paranoid every time I walk alone- especially at night. My ribs don't hurt as much anymore, but the other bruises I have are still sore to the touch. 

The bright neon lights of the diner glow in the darkness, and I feel my body relax when I hear that bell jingle over my head. I scan the diner, looking for the beanie haired boy that I've grown to like. I see the top of his head, and smile to myself as I make my way towards him. His expression changes from one of boredom to awe when his gaze lands on me. I slide into the booth across from him, and his eyes are still wide. 

"Betty I- wow you look beautiful." He compliments. I blush at his comment and fiddle with the bracelet on my wrist. 

"Thank you Jug. You look good too." And he does. He's wearing a fitted white T-shirt, with his serpent jacket over it. He's wearing ripped jeans and black Vans. He looks incredibly hot. He smirks when he notices me staring at him, and I quickly tear my gaze away from him. Pop comes over and smiles when he sees the two of us sitting in a booth together. We order our usuals and dive into conversation. 

"So Betty, tell me more about you. I wanna know the real you and not the you that people think they know." 

"Well, I guess it's hard to describe myself. I was kicked out by mom after my father was arrested. Just like everyone else in this town she's afraid that I'll turn out like my dad and hurt people. I came home from school one day where a bag full of my stuff sat and a note telling me to basically leave her alone. So I bought a small apartment on the Southside and picked up shifts here for money to pay for the apartment and other essentials. Since then I've just tried to lay low. People already make it hard enough to live here considering what happened." I explain. A look of sympathy flashes across his face, but disappears as fast as it came. He doesn't say anything so I continue, " As for hobbies and stuff I like writing, reading, drawing. If you didn't know I write for the Blue and Gold at school, and a friend of mine- Kevin Keller- helps me out there since nobody else wants to join." 

He nods and Pop comes over with our food. He puts it on the table, and we both dig in. For a few minutes all you could hear was the sound of our chewing. 

"So I feel it's only fair that you tell me about yourself now." I prop my arm up with my elbow, and lean my head onto my hand. 

"Uh okay, well I didn't have a very good childhood and home life can be tough sometimes. When I was younger my mom left me and my dad, and took my little sister Jellybean with her. I haven't seen either of them in almost 9 years. I call them sometimes, but we never talk for very long anyway. The reason my mom left is because my dad is an alcoholic and can be mentally abusive. She didn't feel safe living with him, and so she left without me- said that I remind her too much of my dad. Ever since then it's been me and him, but his drinking hasn't gotten much better. He's not abusive towards me or anything, but it's just hard having to take care of him 24/7. Moving on to more about my hobbies, I also like to read and write. I'm actually working on a novel right now about everything that goes on in Riverdale. I am a leader for the Southside Serpents, and a loner weirdo." I tilt my head and reach across the table to put my hand over his. He flips his around and laces our fingers together. 

"I'm sorry Juggie." I whisper. He smiles sadly and stares at our linked hands. 

"It's alright, Betts." 

For the rest of the time we keep the conversation light, and the night is filled with many flirtatious touches and lots of laughs and smiles. At the end of the night, he insists in paying the bill and I reluctantly let him. He says that he'll walk me home, and I agree because I'll feel safer having another person with me. The wind whooshes in the dark night and rustles the leaves on the trees. I shiver and Jughead notices, and then without hesitation takes his serpent jacket off and slides it over my shoulders. I accept it gratefully and slip my arms through the holes pulling the leather closer to my body. 

"Betty can I ask you something?" He asks. 

"Of course, what is it?" He hesitates and then takes a breath.

"How did you get all those bruises and cuts on your face?" My breath catches in my throat and I stop walking. Jughead grabs my hand and laces our fingers together, and gives my hand a squeeze of encouragement. I let out a shaky sigh and continue our walk down the road, but not before glancing around in fear of being followed. He senses my anxiety and pulls me closer to him, wrapping an arm loosely around my bony waist.

"A couple nights ago, I was walking home from my shift at Pop's. It was dark out and nobody else was around- or so I thought. As I was walking I felt like I was being watched and couldn't seem the shake the feeling, so I looked behind me and saw three guys wearing all black. At first they didn't move, but then after a moment they did. I didn't run. I was frozen to the spot I was standing in and that was a big mistake, because they came up and they hurt me. they kicked, punched, slapped, pulled they did anything imaginable. The whole time they were yelling and telling me that I was worthless, or a slut, or that I don't belong here. I laid there on the ground and took it all. Eventually they left, and when they did there wasn't a part of me that wasn't in pain. I haven't seen the guys that did it since that night, but ever since I've been on edge. Paranoid. I'm afraid that they'll come back and do worse. I was in a lot of pain but my body is slowly healing day by day and some of them don't hurt as much anymore. I still have to be careful but it's better. So yeah, that's- that's what happened." I finish quietly. He doesn't say anything for a long time and then he stops us, turns me to him, and pulls me into a long sweet kiss. Our lips fit like two puzzle pieces and move in perfect harmony. After a while, we pull away and he looks at me with determination on his face.

"You are nothing they said Betty, and I swear I will find them and kill them for what they did to you." I smile at him, and grab his hand continuing to walk to my house. 

We arrive at my place, and stop in front of my apartment. 

"This is me." He comes closer to me, and gives me a chaste kiss on the lips. I kiss him back with a smile on my face. He pulls away and rests his forehead against mine, while letting out a breath. 

"Betty I need to ask you something." 

"Okay."

"Will you uh be m-my girlfriend?" He asks nervously. I giggle and peck his lips quickly. 

"Yes Juggie I'd love to be your girlfriend." 

He grins and kisses me one more time before letting go of my hand and backing away from me. He puts his hands in the front pockets of his jeans and flashes me his adorable smile, which causes me to start grinning. I walk inside with his jacket still wrapped around my shoulders, and kick my shoes off, leaving them by the door. I walk into my bedroom and change out of my clothes into shorts and T-shirt. I fold his jacket and set it down onto the seat of my desk chairs. I lift back the duvet, and slip into the warm blankets. With a wistful smile on my face I turn over and close my eyes, letting his handsome face enter my mind.