The Broadway Star

This is a long one and not proof-read so there are probably a lot of mistakes. 

January 6th, 2018 

Betty's POV:

The cool autumn air whooshes in my ears as I walk down the sidewalk. The script in my hand flutters with the wind, and I have to tighten my hold on it to keep them from blowing out of my hands. My eyes move across the page as I read the words typed there, muttering them to myself. I'm so distracted as I go to walk into the local coffee shop, that I don't see the person coming out of the door. I run into him and my papers scatter on the sidewalk at our feet. The stranger reaches down and starts to collect them before they can be blown away. 

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying any attention." He apologizes and stands up with my stack in his hand. I look up at the man, and am immediately distracted by his amazingly good looks. His dark, raven hair and pale blue eyes. His sharp jawline and the curve of his lips are so perfect. I clear my throat and look away quickly before he can catch me staring. 

"No I'm sorry. I was in my own world I guess." I laugh nervously and look back up at the guy, who is now looking at my papers that are still in his hand. 

"Are you an actress?" 

"Something like that." He raises an eyebrow at my vague answer. 

"Well what are you then?" 

"I can't tell you because you'd think it was weird. Besides, I don't even know you." I say while crossing my arms over my chest. 

"Well then, m-maybe we should go get coffee sometime. So we can get to know each other better?" He phrases it as a question  as if he's not sure of himself, and scratches the back of his neck awkwardly while blushing. 

"Yeah sure. Let me give you my number. I'm Betty Cooper by the way." He meets my eye again and he grins. Man he gets even cuter when he smiles like that. 

"I'm Jughead Jones." He sticks his hand out and we shake. I watch as he digs his phone out of his pocket and hands it over to me. I type in my number real quick and he texts me so I have his number. We part ways with a promise to see each other again soon, and for some reason, I can't seem to wipe the smile off my face. 

January 10th, 2018

I stare at my reflection in the mirror and wonder if I look good enough. I'm wearing my best pair of black ripped jeans and paired a cropped pink sweater to go with it. I have my pink flats to match and left my hair down to fall over my shoulders. I wring my hands together nervously and nearly jump out of my skin when I hear the doorbell ring. With one last look in the mirror, I leave my room and hurriedly go to open the door. Standing on the other side is a very handsome Jughead, wearing blue jeans and a fitted black T-shirt. In his hand, he is clutching a carefully wrapped bunch of daises. When he sees me his eyes wander over my body and I see him gulp when he looks back up at my face. 

"W-wow you are...wow." He says breathlessly. I giggle and he holds out the daises to me which I take with a shy smile on my face. I invite him inside the house while I go to put the flowers in a vase of water and grab my purse. 

When I return, he is looking around my apartment with a small smile on his face, which. widens when he sees me. 

"Are you ready?" He asks.

"Yep. So where are we going?" I ask curiously. 

"You'll have to wait and see." He replies with a smirk on his face. I huff and playfully roll my eyes, and allow him to pull me out of my apartment and towards the parking lot where his car is waiting. When we get downstairs, he walks me to his car- which I'm shocked to see is a beaten down, old truck- and helps me get in. He runs around to the other side and looks at me one last time, before turning on the ignition and leaving the lot.