"Forget I even asked you"

Jughead's POV:
High school. The 4 years of hell before we move into the real world. The world of college, jobs, relationships, and bills. For right now though, i'm in the world of high school. As I walk through the big double door leading into satan's lair, I hear talk of the big school dance coming up. It's a valentine's day dance, and it's this Friday. I have yet to ask anyone but I have someone in mind. Her name is Betty. She's been my best friend since we were in diapers, but over the years i've fallen so deeply in love with that girl. She's perfect to me in every way, and all I want to do is kiss her and hold her. I plan on asking her today, but only if I can gain some courage and actually do it. I think i've made it quite obvious that I like her, but she never flirts back or anything, and it breaks my soul. I'm gonna ask her to meet me at the Blue and Gold after school so then I can ask her in private. I walked over to her locker, where she was standing grabbing her books for first period. She looked beautiful as she does everyday. I leaned against the locker next to hers and tried act cool, but failed completely when I stumbled into her. She shrieked and dropped her books on the ground. I bent down to pick them up while apologizing over and over.
"Oh my gosh, Betty I am so sorry. I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing I'm sorry~"

Betty's POV:
He kept apologizing and rambling on and on, and it got to the point I just had to cut him off.
"Jug! Stop! It's okay, really" I smiled at him and a look of relief came over his place. He then handed me my books and seemed to shrink into himself again. He got shy and a curl fell in front of his face. I itched to reach up and brush it back and then place my lips on his, but I didn't. I pulled my books even tighter to my chest and examined his adorable face.
"So I need you to meet me in the Blue and Gold after school today. If that works for you?" He asked me nervously.
"Of course I can, is everything okay?" I asked worriedly.
"Yeah! Yeah no it's all great I just- there's something I want to talk to you about, but it's nothing bad don't worry. Okay I gotta get to class bye!" He ended his sentence abruptly and quickly walked away. Okay then...

Jughead's POV:
Good going.

Betty:
The day passed with no odd happenings occurring, and I was ready for it to be the end of the day. I really just wanted to go see Jug and see what he wants to talk to me about. I think I'm going to admit my feelings to him today, and maybe even kiss him. I just can't hold it in anymore and I need him to know. The final bell rang and I jumped out of my seat. I ran to my locker and put my stuff away and grabbed my backpack. I sped walked to the B and G and found Jug pacing around the room mumbling to himself.
"Juggie?"

Jughead:
I left class 5 minutes early saying I had to go to the nurse because I had a headache, but in reality I came here so I would be ready before Betty comes in. I've planned out in my head what I was going to say, but all that goes flying out the window as soon as I hear her speak my name. I stop pacing and look up to meet her curious gaze.
"Betts, hey, uh I need to ask you something" She nods her head and comes to stand in front of me. I lightly grab her hands and caress them with my thumb.
"So I uh, I was wondering, if um maybe you wanted to go to the dance with me?" I mumbled out. She didn't say anything for a while, and when I looked up at her face she was just staring at me with her mouth open. I took that as rejection and pulled my hands away.
"I'm sorry Betty. I shouldn't have asked you that. Let's just pretend this never happened okay? Forget I even asked you." I start to grab my things when a hand on my arm stops me. Before I have time to respond her lips are on mine, and we are kissing. I kiss her back and relish in the feeling of being this close to her. I'm the first to pull away for breath and she looks up at me.
"No Jug you don't understand. I want to go with you. I really really like you, and would be honored to be your date" I grin and pull her in softly for another kiss. I wrap her in my embrace and enjoy her, because she's all i've ever wanted and needed.  She's Betty Cooper.