"Don't Touch Me" Part 3

Betty's POV:
Over the next 5 months I've started physical therapy and started to retrain my leg to walk again. It's been a really painful and hard process, but Jughead has been there for me every step of the way. We couldn't be any better. I've been staying in the hospital, but today is the day I finally get to go back to my apartment. I'm sitting on my bed reading one of my favorite books. I'm so immersed into the pages that I don't hear the door open or anybody walk in.
"Hey babe!" I swear I jumped 6 ft in the air. My book fell out of my hands and landed on my legs. I shrieked loudly and brought my head up to see Jughead standing at the door with his left eyebrow raised.
"Are you okay?" He asks me. I giggle and nod my head.
"Yes I'm fine. I was so focused on my book I didn't hear you come in." I admit. My cheeks flush with embarrassment and Jug chuckles. He walks over and places a kiss on my forehead before taking a seat in the chair by my bed. Today is his day off, and he decided to spend it with me.
"How are you doing, baby?" He takes my hand in his and places a kiss on each of my knuckles. I smile at him adoringly.
"I'm doing great now that you're here" I lean over and peck his lips.
"When can I leave?"
"Soon. We just have to wait for Sweetpea to come back with your release papers."
As if he heard us talking Sweetpea waltzes into the room holding a paper in his hand.
"Hey guys, so Betty you are free to go! Just remember to stay off your bad leg and use your crutches all the time. If you want to start walking normally again anytime soon then you have to follow these rules strictly" I nod me head and give him a thumbs up. He laughs at me and leaves the room while saying goodbye. Jughead comes over to help me out of the bed and hands me my crutches. I stand up and start towards the door while he grabs me my bag.
"I'll drive you home, Betts."
"Thank you!"
We walk out of the hospital and to his black truck that he calls his "most prized possession". Being the gentleman he is he opens the door for me and helps me get inside. Then he walks around and climbs in the driver seat. The drive back to my place is filled with comfortable silence. He keeps his hand on my thigh the whole way home with our fingers interlocked. I stare out the window at the passing buildings and sigh in content. I'm so happy to be out of that dump.

Jughead's POV:
When we pull into her apartment complex, I hop out and assist her out of the car. Slowly we make our way to the elevator and up to her floor. I dig into her bag to find her keys and unlock the door. She walks in and screams quietly.
"I'm so glad to be home!" She exclaims. I laugh at her and place her bag on the kitchen table. I go over and pick her up by her waist and walk into the bedroom. I gently throw her down onto it and hover over her. I stare at her lovingly and then press our lips together in a passionate kiss. We break apart and I smile down at her.
"As much as I'd love to stay I have to go and do some work at the hospital."
"But it's your day off?" she says confused.
"Yeah, but I still have to do work. I'll be back later okay? I love you." She pouts but says Love you back. I leave her apartment with a smile on my face. Damn, I am so lucky to have her.

Betty's POV:
I laid in bed for the next couple hours, but got hungry so I ordered Chipotle on postmates. About half an hour later my doorbell rang, and I got up to answer it assuming that it was my dinner. Oh boy, how wrong I was. I leaned on my left leg and swung open the door. Although I was not met with the sweet smell of Chipotle burritos, instead I saw my ex boyfriend, Archie Andrews standing at the door.
"What the hell are you doing here?!" I yelled at him. He looked down to his feet in shame.
"Betty I came to apologize I'm so sorry I~" I cut him off by starting to close the door. He sticks his foot out so I can't shut it all the way.
"Archie you need to leave" I said calmly.
"Betty no, I just want to come in to talk"
"Archie I said no!" I attempted to shut the door, but this time he pushed the door with all his force and the impact made me fall the ground. I landed with a whimper and tears formed in my eyes. It wasn't Archie that stood above me, it was a monster. He had a crazed look in his eye and I have never been more terrified. He got down close to my face until I could feel his breath.
"We aren't done here, princess" He whispered to me.
"Get. The. Hell. Out. Now."
We both turned and there was my knight in shining armor standing at the door. He had an angry look on his face and his eyes gleamed with hatred.
"Who are you?" Archie asks him and starts to size him up. It doesn't work though because Jug is 8 inches taller and towers above Archie.
"You're worst nightmare," Jughead proclaims, "Now if you don't leave right now I will rip you to shreds. Got that?" I could see Archie nod, and like that, he was gone. I breathed a sigh of relief and started to stand. Jughead immediately came over to help me up.
"Are you alright, baby?" He asked me.
"Yeah i'm fine just a little shaken up. Thank you for saving me."
"I'd do anything for you" He leans down and presses his lips against mine. I pull away when a thought comes to my head.
"I thought you had work to do?" I asked him.
"I did, but I stopped so I could come see you" He says sheepishly. I smile up at him and wrap my arms around his torso.
"I love you" I mutter into his chest.
"I love you more"
"Impossible"