All for Him

This is based off of the 2x06 where Betty fixes the car for the drag race

Betty's POV:

I walked into the makeshift garage, and spot Archie sitting on the couch that is sat in the corner of the garage. I sneak a glance over at him and see he is leaning on the car with his arms crossed. His mouth is set into a deep frown and his gaze is on the floor. I drop my backpack on the ground to announce my arrival, and it works because Archie stands and makes his way over to me. He greets me with a hug, and in my peripherals I see Jughead's frown deepen.

"Hi Betty, how are you doing?" Archie asks me. I know that he is just making small talk to make the tension lessen, but I just roll my eyes and pull him farther away from Jughead. I glare at him and he sighs.

"Betty, please do this. I know that it's weird between you guys right now, but this could be exactly what you need. This is your chance to tell him everything." He negotiates. I shake my head rapidly and frantically look around, paranoid.

"You know I can't do that. I am putting him in danger just by being here. If I tell him, I don't even want to think about what happens to me, or worse- him." I say. Archie puts his hand on my arm comfortingly, and peeks at Jughead.

"I know you still love him, Betty. If you're not gonna do this for me, do it for him. If he has any chance of making it through this race then he needs the best mechanic in all of Riverdale to fix his car." He winks and I give a light chuckle.

"Okay fine." I give in and he gives me one more hug while uttering "thank you" over and over again.

We walk over to the car, and I start to examine the car's exterior. It looks okay for the most part on the outside, just needs a touch-up on the paint job. I open the hood and prop it open while sucking in a breath.

"What?" Archie asks worriedly. Even though I can't fully see him, I can feel the weight of Jughead's gaze on my body. I keep my gaze on the car in front of me and avoid meeting his eyes.

"It's not looking to good under here. I'm gonna need at least 2 days to fix it." I hear Jughead sigh heavily- almost angrily- and Archie shoots him a look. Archie looks back at me and nods, while going and grabbing the tool box. I laugh when I he places it by me, because it is very clearly a toy tool box made for a child to play with. I lean on my knees in a fit of giggles, as the boys stare at me weirdly.

"Archie," I say between laughs, "This is a kid's toy tool box." I manage out. I see Archie's face go bright red, and Jughead chuckles beside me. I immediately stop laughing as I hear the sound of his laugh. I haven't heard it in so long, and it's like I'm starved for it. I turn a little back and make eye contact with him for a split second. I haven't seen those baby blue for so long, and I need to see them. If only for a second. Archie awkwardly goes and grabs the correct tool box, and I thank him when he hands it to me.

I start to work on the car, and the boys hand me tools when I need them.

"Crescent Wrench, please?" I say and hold my hand out. Jughead reaches over, because the tool is on his side and gives it to me. Our fingers brush as he passes it over, and electricity shoots up my arm. I look up at his face, and stare at him, and he stares back. The trance is broken when Archie's phone vibrates and he shuffles over to pick it up. I go back under the hood, and start working on the ignition, (Don't judge me I know absolutely nothing about cars, I'm just guessing here) when Archie mutters a curse under his breath. I come back out and raise my eyebrow at him.

"Guys I'm sorry, but Veronica needs me to come over, something about her dad? Sorry guys." He's already grabbing his stuff as I start to protest.

"Seriously Archie? I could really use your help here." I give him a look that says 'if you leave me here I'll kill you with my bare hands'. He starts to stutter another I'm sorry, and then he leaves. I shake my head and turn back to the car. The tension is so thick you could cut it with a knife. No words are passed between us except when I need him to pass me a tool.