Best Friend's Brother

I know I said the next part would be the part 2 to bullying, but I just got inspiration for this idea.

Betty's POV:

"Can you hang out tonight? My parents are gonna be out all night! We'll basically have the house to ourselves, except my annoying brother will be home." Veronica stabs her salad with her fork and brings it to her mouth. We are sitting in the cafeteria discussing our plans for this weekend. 

"Did I hear my name?" I look up from my bowl of soup, and see Jughead standing behind Veronica. I feel my face heat up, and I direct my gaze back onto my soup. 

"Yes you did. I was just asking Betty to come over tonight, but I had to warn her that you would be there." Jughead just scoffs and I feel his hand drop onto my shoulder. 

"Betty doesn't mind me, right Betts?" 

"Uh n-no I don't mind." I stutter out. Veronica rolls her eyes and resumes eating her lunch again. 

"See? Now be a good sister and stop talking about me behind my back." 

Jughead walks away to go sit at his table where the serpents are waiting. I let out a breath once he's gone and feel my body relax, although my shoulder is still tingling from where he touched me. 

"So, B, you coming over?" 

"I'd love to." 

-Time skip to that night- 

I ring the doorbell on the penthouse and hear footsteps approaching from the other side. The door swings open but not to reveal my raven-haired best friend but instead the boy I wanted to try to avoid at all costs, Jughead. He smiles when he sees me and waves me into the house. 

"Veronica is up in her room. Feel free to go up there." 

I give him a small smile and nod while walking around him and up the stairs to Veronica's room. I walk in to see her sitting at her vanity brushing out her hair and unclasping her iconic pearls that hang around her neck. She sees me through the reflection of the mirror and claps her hands while spinning around in her chair. 

"Betty! Okay so I'm thinking tonight we have a movie night and watch the sappiest, cheesiest romcoms that we can find. What do you think?" 

I set my bag down on her bed and take a seat on the silk comforter. "Sounds great, V" 

"Yay! Let's get into our pajamas and get the tissues ready." I laugh at her enthusiasm and we both get into our pajamas. I put on a pink cami tank top with grey cotton short shorts, and Veronica has on her silk, expensive purple pajamas. We grab blankets and walk into the home move theater, where netflix is pulled up on the big screen. We get settled into the plush chairs and start scrolling through the selection of movies. 

We finally pick one and press the play button. About halfway through the movie, Veronica pauses it and turns to look at me. 

"Will you go make us some popcorn? Pretty please?" She starts batting her eyelashes at me and I roll my eyes. 

"Fine." I give in and push my pink blanket off of my body. 

"Thank you!" I hear her say as I walk away. I scoff and give her the middle finger which makes her giggle. I walk into the kitchen and as I turn the corner I see Jughead standing in front of the fridge with only plaid pajama pants on. No shirt. I blush and clear my throat while continuing into the kitchen. He turns to look at me and he smiles at me, which I return. I walk over into their pantry and can feel his eyes on me the entire time. I look over at him and watch his eyes roam over my body with a slight smirk on his face. My face goes bright red and I quickly avert my eyes back to the shelves. I see the box of popcorn and reach up to grab it. I walk out of the pantry and over to the microwave. 

"So what movie are you guys watching?" Jughead asks from where he is leaning against the now closed fridge. I rip the plastic off of the popcorn bag and throw it into the garbage can.

"I honestly don't know what it's called. It's about some guy who works in a law firm and falls in love with his sister's best friend who also happens to work at the same law firm. It's incredibly cheesy and totally unrealistic. I doubt anyone falls in love with their sibling's friends anymore."

I open the door of the microwave and put the popcorn in and press start. I turn to the left and gasp when I see how close Jughead is to me. His toned chest and stomach are pressing up against my front, and his face is close to mine. So close I can smell his cologne and it's one of the most heavenly smells. 

"What if you're wrong and people do still fall in love with their sister's best friend. What would you say?" His face is getting closer to mine and I can now feel his breath on my face and lips. I gulp and my voice shakes a little as I respond. 

"Well then I would gladly take the steak to my pride. I would hope that I'm wrong." HIs lips are centimeters from mine, and his hand is gripping my waist. 

"Then let me tell you right now, you're wrong." With that he shoves his lips on to mine and we are kissing. He kisses me with hunger and passion and I return it happily. My arms are wrapped around his neck and tugging lightly at the hair on the nape of his neck. He tightens his grip on my waist and pulls me tighter against him. We are in our world and nothing can break into it...except the sound of the microwave beeping. We both jump and pull away panting. He rests his forehead against mine and lets go of my hips and brings his hands up to cup my face. 

"I really, really like you Betts. Like a lot and I have for a long time." He confesses and a smile takes over my face. 

"I really like you too Jug, a lot. But right now I have to get the popcorn out of the microwave and go back to Veronica before she thinks something happened to me." He lets out a breathy laugh and lets me go. 

I take the popcorn out and am about to walk out, but go back over to where he is standing looking at me. I reach up on my tiptoes and kiss him lightly on the lips. When I pull away he has his eyes closed and a small smile is playing on his lips. I giggle and walk away, leaving him in a daze. 

When I return into the theater Veronica is sitting scrolling through instagram. She looks up when I enter the room. 

"Finally! I was starting to get worried." I just laugh and set the bag down in between us. She unpauses the movie and turns her attention to the screen. I'm looking at the screen to but I'm not paying attention. All I can think about is the way his lips felt on mine, and how perfectly they fit together. 

I want to know what that kiss means for us, but for right now, I'm content with knowing how he feels. We can figure out what it all means in the morning.