Till Death do us Part 3

- The Next Day-

Betty's POV:

The morning light streaming in through the window by my bed wakes me up. I sit up slowly and stretch my arms over my head. I rub my hand over my face, and when my hand comes back down blood is all over it. I feel the blood trickle down from my nose and on to my lips. I grab one of the tissues on my nightstand that I keep there just in case something like this happens during the night. I ball it up and hold it at my nose to help the stop bleeding. The tissue soaks up the blood quickly, and I grab another tissue. After a while, the bleeding slows down until there is nothing left. I place the tissue in my hand in the pile that has now accumulated on my lap. I lay my head back on the wall behind me, and sigh shakily. Tears threaten to bubble up over the surface any second, but I hold them back. I stand up, wincing, and go to my bathroom to get changed into my outfit for the day. I throw on black leggings, a big gray hoodie to cover up my sickly looking body and the bruises that have formed on it. I match a grey beanie with the outfit and wear my white converse to go with it. I leave the bathroom and walk over to the door. I open it and exit my room. As I'm making way down to the cafeteria where I go every morning and attempt to eat something even though my body is just gonna throw it up later, I hear someone yell my name. I turn around and see Jughead jogging down the hall to catch up with me. I stand still and wait for him to get by my side.

"Hey, where you going?" He asks me when he reaches my side. 

"I'm going to the cafeteria." I respond bluntly. I am not a morning person and making small talk this early in the morning is too much for me. He nods and opens his mouth to say something but then closes it again. I just turn away from him and continue on my trek to get food. He doesn't follow me for a little bit, but then I feel his presence beside me. 

"Can I help you" I ask him. I don't even look at him as I walk.

"Um yeah, can I maybe uh- come with you? To get food I mean." He says. I stop walking for a minute and just stare at him with a confused look on my face.

"Listen just because I told you I'm dying doesn't mean you need to feel obligated to hang out with me. So do me a favor and leave me alone, okay?" I accuse him and turn on my heel. Before I can get far, Jughead grabs my arm to stop me from moving.

"No Betty it's not like that. I really enjoyed our conversation yesterday, and I want to get to know you." I look into his eyes searching for any sort of lies, but detect none.

"Okay." I respond with a smile. He gives me a smile back, and then realizes he's still holding onto my arm. He immediately releases me and looks down at the ground. I laugh lightly and nudge him with my arm. 

"C'mon doofus. Let's go." I say shuffling off. He gets up by me and we talk all the way into the cafeteria.

"...And then the teacher comes in and tells him to, and I quote, 'keep it in your pants, Andrews.'" I burst out in a fit of laughter and he follows suit. He stabs another piece of sausage with his fork and puts it in his mouth. 

"Your friends sound crazy." I reply to him while chuckling a little. He nods, and then a look of realization cross his face, and he drops his fork on his now empty plate.

"You should meet my friends. They'd love you. I can ask them if they can meet me here tomorrow or you could meet us somewhere if you want?" 

I furrow my eyebrows and get up without another word. I throw my plate away which I barely touched and leave the cafeteria. I hear him shouting my name and he runs after me. I use all my energy to sprint the rest of the way to my room. I run in my room slamming the door behind me. The way I ran finally catches up to me, and my lungs burn and I feel like they're about to burst. I explode into a coughing fit, and it's so bad that every chance I get I try to breathe in air. I hear the door open and someone sit next to me urgently. 

"Betty? Betty are you okay? What do I do?" Jughead asks me, panicked. I look up at him in fury and in a break where the coughing stops I manage to get out a couple words.

"Get out! GET OUT RIGHT NOW!" I scream. His eyes turn from fear to anger and he briskly walks out of the room, and slams the door closed. I start to sob which only causes the coughing to worsen. I'm not able to get any oxygen in my body, and I feel lightheaded. I fall back on my bed and everything in my peripherals blurs. I close my eyes and let my body shut down. 

I'm not sure how much later, but I feel someone shake my shoulder and gently and coax me out of my unconscious state. I open my eyes and the meet the gaze of Veronica standing above me. She smiles when she sees my eyes open and helps me up to a sitting position.

"You okay, B?" She asks. I nod and lean my head on my hand. 

"Alright, well I'll be back to check on you tonight, okay?" I nod again Veronica gets up to leave but not before giving me a tight hug that I gladly return. After she has left, I grab my jacket and make my outside to sit by the lake. The sound of the ripples and nature always calms my soul. I sit on the bank with my legs criss-crossed. I put my elbows on my knees and lean my chin on my knuckles. I close my eyes and listen to the celestial sounds of the outdoors. I hear some rustling and the sound of footsteps, and then I feel a shadow being cast over my body. I tilt my head up and open my eyes, where I see Jughead looming over me. I say nothing and return my gaze to the beauty in front of my eyes. Without an invitation he sits beside me like he did that first time- leaving space for a person to fit. Neither of us offer up anything to say, and sounds of life fill the silence. He's the first to speak:

"I don't get it. Why did you get so mad? I just offered for you to meet my friends. It's not like I asked you to be my wife or anything like that. It was such a simple offer and you blew up at me for no reason." I don't say anything. He scoffs and turns to look at me.

"C'mon Betty! Tell me why you did it! I think I deserve that much!" He exclaims. That is when I snap. I stand up and face him, but he has already gotten to his feet. We stand face to face and I'm positive he can read the fury in my eyes.

"News flash, I'm dying! I don't have time to make friendships or relationships with people like you! People who have their whole lives ahead of them! I am going to die, Jughead. I don't have much time left. I can't do that, but you'll never understand that, because you're perfectly healthy. You get to go to college, meet people, find love, get married, have kids, paying taxes for gosh sake! I don't. I don't get to have any of that, okay?!" I scream at him. My chest is heaving by the time I have finished and he is just staring at me with surprise on his face. I scoff and sit back down in my spot. He stays in his spot, and then walks away with his hands in his pockets. He doesn't even look back at me. I watch him go, but don't try to force him to come back. I ball my hands into fists and dig my nails into my palms, leaving little crescent indents on my hands. I sniffle and wipe my sleeve across my nose. 

I stand up and slowly start back to my room. When I get there, I start the shower and strip out of my clothes. I step into the shower, and the warm water traps my body as I put soap in what is left of my hair. I run my hands through my "hair", but something doesn't feel right. I take my hands off my head as the water runs down my body. I observe my hands, and there is a huge clump of my blonde hair stuck to it. I just stare at it. I bring my hand back up to my hair and feel that it is now all gone. I am completely bald. My hands run over my smooth scalp as I still clutch the hair in my left hand. I let a tear slip out and drop the clump of hair on the shower floor. I watch as it floats towards the drain, and sinks down into the hole of nothingness. 

I think the next part will be the last part. I'm sorry for dragging this out.