Tutor

Betty's POV:

I was sitting in the student lounge with my best friend, Kevin Keller, and I was half listening to him talk about his latest hookup, when I heard Weatherbee's voice come over the loud speaker. 

"Would Betty Cooper please report to the front office? Betty Cooper please report to the front office." 

I scrunched my face up in confusion and looked over at Kevin.

"What did you do?" He asked me. I just shrugged in response. 

I said my goodbyes and quickly made my way to the office. When I got there the secretary lead me back to Weatherbee's office, where he was sitting at his desk.

"Betty! Please take a seat." He pointed to the black plush chair sitting across from his desk. I tentatively sat down, and crossed my legs.

"Mr.Weatherbee, what do you need to talk to me about?" I asked curiously. 

"I need you to tutor one of our students in math. You are one of Riverdale High's brightest students, and the only person I trust to do this for me. So, what do you say?" 

"I mean sure. Who would I be tutoring?" I asked. He sighed and took a deep breath before answering which made my concern go up. This must not be a person you'd want to tutor. 

"Jughead Jones." He responds. I feel my mouth drop open and I just sit and stare at him. 

"You want me to tutor Jughead Jones? I'm not sure I can do that. That boy doesn't listen to anyone and I really doubt he'll learn anything from our sessions." I argue to him. His face takes on a pleading look and he walks around to sit on the front of his desk.

"Betty please. All I'm asking is that you tutor him for 2 weeks, and then if you want to drop out you can." He pleads with me. I sit there for a second and think about it. 

"Okay, I'll do it." I agree. 

"Thank you so much! You start tomorrow after school at 4 in the library. He should meet you there. Have a nice day, Betty."

I smile weakly at him and leave his office. I walk very slowly back to the student lounge where Kevin is still waiting for me, but now Veronica and Archie have joined him. They all look up at me expectantly when I walk in. 

"I have to tutor Jughead Jones." 

I see them all stare at me in shock, but then their faces turn to pity. 

"Betty, I'm so sorry. You have to spend an hour everyday with the Serpent king, and most obnoxious person in school." Veronica remarks. I sigh and take my seat next to Kevin.

"At least he's totally hot." Kevin says. I giggle a little bit and shake my head.

"His looks can't make up for his horrible personality. It'll take a miracle for me to ever feel something except annoyance towards him." They all laugh at that, and agree with me. They all move on with their conversation while I sit there dreading the day to come.

~THE NEXT DAY AFTER SCHOOL~ 

I'm sat sitting in the library waiting for Jughead to show up. I picked a table by the window so I can people watch while tutoring him.

"Hey princess." I hear a deep, gravelly voice say. I look up, startled, and see Jughead standing above me. He's wearing an S-Tshirt, black jeans, and his serpent jacket. He has a flannel tied around his waist and his iconic beanie is sat on top of his black unruly curls. I put on my best fake smile and wave him to sit down across from me. 

"Jughead. Now let's get started so we have enough time to go over everything." 

He just sighs and rolls his eyes. I cross my arms over my chest and raise my eyebrows.

"You got a problem with that?" I ask him. 

"I've got a problem with you, princess." He says smugly. 

"Don't call me princess. Now let's just get started, okay?" He nods and we move on to solving equations. 

An hour later, and we are both packing up to head out. Surprisingly, the session wasn't that bad. Jughead is actually really funny and sweet when he wants to be. There is so much more to him than I expected. As we are walking out of the library, Jughead is telling me about his little sister Jellybean. 

"I haven't seen her or my mom in 3 years. Before my mom took Jellybean away, we were best friends. We did everything together. We aren't your typical siblings that fight all the time. We rarely ever fought, and the only times we did it was over who got to eat the last hamburger." 

We both laugh and it's at that moment that I realize how close we are walking by each other. Our hands brush every so often, but neither of us make any move to get away. 

"I'm sorry that you don't see her anymore, Jug. I know what It's like to miss someone. My dad died a year ago, and I miss him more everyday. My mom and I don't have the best relationship, and my sister rarely comes home to see us. She's too busy with her new boyfriend." I say sadly. I feel Jughead lace our fingers together and squeeze lightly. I look over at him and smile while we continue to walk. The rest of the walk to my house is silent, but comfortable silence. Our hands are still linked and I don't try to pull away. Our hands fit so perfectly together. Like two pieces of a puzzle. 

Once we make it to my house, we are both reluctant to walk away and go our separate ways. 

"Thank you for tutoring me, Betty. I know that a lot of people judge me for being the leader of a gang, but I really appreciate you not making me feel ashamed." I smile at him and pull him into a tight hug.

"Of course, Jug. You didn't judge me right away for being 'perfect', and a lot of people do. So, thank you." 

"Anytime Betts." 

I lean over and kiss him softly on the cheek. 

"Same time tomorrow." I say to him as I go inside in my house. He nods and waves goodbye. I walk inside and lean against my front door with a goofy grin on my face. He was all I could think about for the rest of the night.

Narrator's POV:

Over the next couple weeks Betty and Jughead grew closer and closer, and their feelings for each other grew. They both couldn't deny the attraction they felt for each other. 

Betty's POV:

Today is the last day of my tutoring deal with Jughead. He has a huge math test today, and I'm really hoping he does good. So here I am, sitting in the Blue and Gold, waiting anxiously for Jughead to come in and tell me how he did. 

As I'm finishing up this week's article the door flies open and Jughead comes in with a paper in hand. He has a huge grin on his face and waves the paper in the air proudly.

"I got an A! Betty I got an A!" He exclaims. I squeal and run over to hug him. He lifts me up and swings me around which makes me giggle. He sets me down, and the laughter dies down as we both just stare in each other's eyes. We both start to lean in, and after what feels like years our lips collide in a passionate kiss. Our mouths fit perfectly together and they move in sync. It's like we were both made for each other. We both pull away eventually for air, and lean our foreheads together. We have matching grins on our faces, and I can feel his hot breath on my face.

"I've been wanting to do that for so long." Jughead whispers.

"Me too. I like you." I admit. He chuckles and pecks my lips.

"I like you too. Would you maybe want to be my um girlfriend?" He asks nervously. I giggle at how adorable he is and nod my head rapidly.

"I'd want nothing more." 

Our lips interlock in another kiss, and I don't plan on letting it stop anytime soon.