Togata Mirio x Reader

You have a quirk called rose thorns. Which allowed you to replace your limbs to rose thorns at your own will.

However, your body hasn't developed enough to control your quirk properly, so there were some mishaps of your quirk activating by its own.

Currently, you were sitting in your desk, bored out of your mind as everyone plays and talks in a classroom with no teachers. You stared at Mirio's empty desk. He was excused, because All might needed him, or whatnot.

"Hey, hey!" Nejire butted into your daze.

"Hm?"

"All might needed him, because one of the class 1-A wants to work with Sir Nighteye! Did you know that?" She informed. Your interest awoke you and leaned to her more.

"Is it that Midoriya kid?" You asked with a raised brow.

"Yep! Man, he should really try to relax." Nejire leaned back to her seat, when you heard a quick yelp. You turned around and saw Tamaki staring at your thorn inches from stabbing his face, his chest clenched and sweating in fear.

"So sorry Tamaki! Are you alright?" You quickly ran to the corner he was standing, retracting the thorns to turn them into your human arm again. Tamaki poorly covered his face, like he usually does.

"I-I-I'm good. Don't worry about me...." he replied back, slowly uncovering his face. You sighed in relief before giving yourself a laugh.

"Do you know when's he coming back?" You asked them both. They both thought for a moment before shaking their heads in their own pace. You sighed again, leaning to the corner.

"Hey, Tamaki, did you know? (Y/N) has a crush on Mirio!" Nejire bluntly informed to Tamaki, doing her pose. Your face instantaneously gave out a crimson red blush, your thoughts suddenly filling up with him. Nejire let out a giggle, but Tamaki looked worried.

You felt like you chocked on your saliva, coughing a little bit to at least ease it. Nejire and Tamaki looked at you worried, but you assured them that you're okay.

"C'mon, I just choked on my saliva! Nothing to worry about!" You laughed out loud, but it was soon interrupted when your cough became worse. You became weak, falling on your knees while still coughing up.

You squinted your eyes from the pain you're feeling, when you heard those surprised and feared screams almost in a daily basis. You slowly opened one eye to see the thorns replacing your legs, bouncing around the classroom and wrapping around desks and chairs while they're at it.

"Calm down, just calm-" your method of calming yourself failed, as Tamaki and Nejire lift you up to try and calm you, too. But instead, you felt worse. You felt your leg straighten, indicating, the thorns has reached its limit.

"Nejire! Amajiki! Get out of there! You're gonna get stabbed by the thorns!!" A classmate shouted to them. They perked up, panicking whether to stay or not. You grabbed Nejire's wrist and sternly looked at them.

"Run."

"But you-"

"RUN-" You coughed even harder, as bloodied petals cough out of your mouth and felt more coming up your throat. They both looked to the door, the thorns threatening to block the doors.

They looked at your eyes and fled the scene. Now, all you had to do, was to retract the thorns. Which was not a possible task.

You realised how much the thorns intertwined with the desks, the chairs, and with each other. No matter how much you try to move, it doesn't budge. Which made you panic.

You were hyperventilating. Thoughts were flooding like soul whisperings. You felt your eyes build up tears, and your heart was pumping like never before.

You had no strength to do anything, except for suffering the coughing. You immediately covered your mouth, for you felt the petals up your throat again, violently coughing them out.

After you felt drowsy, You tried to speak the one sentence your mind was trying to form.

"M.... Mirio..... h-help...-" before your whisper of help could be heard, you collapsed to the cold floor.

Meanwhile, the rest of the class felt nervous and scared.

"(Y/N).." Tamaki and Nejire whispered worryingly, before having eye contact and nod. Not long, they ran to where he might be.

Mirio, not knowing the problem, was happily walking to his classroom, when he saw Nejire grabbing Tamaki's arm, running towards him.

"Oooooi Nejire! Tamaki! What's the rush?" He asked, widely waving his arm.

As soon as they arrived, they were breathing heavily and had help written on their face. He looked at them worried.

"What's wrong?-"

"It's (Y/N)!" As soon as she mentioned your name, Mirio's widened and grind his teeth. To think that you're in danger, made him worry and break his smiling face.

"Where?" He quickly asked.

"In the class-" Mirio dashed to the classroom once he got the location.

He stopped in front of the door, seeing thorns covering the glass. He felt his heart sank, but still opened the door. The thorns charged to him, but stopped, slowly turning to rose bushes. All of them followed the other, eventually creating a path for him.

When he saw your collapsed self, he gasped, running to you to lift you up. He saw the blood and petal from your hand, and felt his heart break.

Your eyes shot up, your lungs begging for air while violently coughing again.

"Shh... it's okay. It's me, Mirio. I'm here." He softly and calmly whispered to you. He pulled you closer to his chest.

He wiped the blood that was at the corner of your lips and smiled, whispering sweet nothings to calm you down. He hooked your chin to make you look at him, his cheerful smile coming back.

"I love you so much, (Y/N)." He leaned in to give you a peck on the lips, both of you falling into a comfortable silence.