Just an Act [Doc, Ren, and Grian]

(holy crap 600+ reads? when i left 7 hours ago, it was at 500 reads. i dont think I can thank you enough... thank you for that!)

(November 19th, 2019)

Word Count: 566 words
Category: none
Warnings: none

Some people act. Sometimes, it's natural. Sometimes, it's forced. And other times, it's a choice. Everyone's acted in their life, whether they know it or not. From acting brave presenting to a group of people, to acting like you are actually paying attention during lectures. Sure, it's more like pretending, but it's still changing the way you normally seem to others.

Some people could be good actors, some people could be bad actors. The good actors make it seem like that's how they normally act. Bad actors make it obvious that they are fake.

Doc and Ren had a suspicion. They think that one of the Hermits don't act like how they normally do in public. For some reason, Grian seems too happy. (A/N: why is it always him that i always pick on?) So what the two decided to do, was to watch Grian when he was always alone. They claim it's observing, not stalking.

Grian gracefully glided into his base. The duo watched him from a pillar, both hidden in the shadows. They have been waiting at his base for hours, waiting for when Grian comes back. Grian sighed, his happy expression quickly morphing into a cold, emotionless mask.

"Twits." They hear him say to himself, more or less under his breath.

"They don't know who they're talking to." Grian spoke in a monotone voice. His eyes flashed purple for a second, before fading into their normal shade of bright blue. His hand twitched, a white flame flashing on his hand for a millisecond.

"If they treated the others like they treat me, they'd be... quite dead. Not taking them seriously. That'd definitely get them killed." He laughed a bone-chilling, hollow laugh. "Them treating them like they're idiots and don't know anything. I'd pay to see that." Grian paced around, muttering things under his breath. Some words like 'idiot', 'killed', and 'past' we audible, though.

"But I'm not an idiot." Grian said. His tone changed, as if he was talking to someone else. "I know you're there." Doc and Ren looked at each other, disbelief in their eyes.

"Come on, out of the shadows." They stepped into clear view, looking at a smirking Grian in suspicion.

"How did you know- nevermind. What we want to know, is why you act differently in public than in private." Doc questioned, narrowing his eyes as Grian's eyes flashed that purple again.

"Because a happy, bubbly person is who everyone knows me as. Not some expressionless, emotionless, person who closes themselves off and only speaks to others when asked." Again, his voice was monotone.

"Why?" Ren asked. "Why hide it?"

"It's fun to see who know me the best. You two are the first ones to suspect me in all the servers I've been in. Really, just changing how I act can't make someone jump off a building. It couldn't really hurt anyone." Grian said, walking closer towards them. Doc and Ren both tensed up. Grian laughed that haunting, hollow laugh again. After he retained control of himself, he stopped in front of the duo, looking at them both in the eyes.

"After all," Grian started, smirking at Doc and Ren. "It's just an act."