It's Cold [Hels]

(September 2, 2020)

I need more Hels stuff

Summary: How can the Nether be cold? Oh, right. Death.
Word Count: 752
Category: angst, hurt no comfort
Warnings: talk of killing, permadeath

whoop-di-do, sorry about this, hope you enjoy!

-------------

They looked at you like a fool. Every time they heard your name, they either laughed or quirked a smile. Whenever anyone saw you, they only waved and walked away, continuing whatever they were doing.

Your name did not strike fear in these Hermits as you had hoped after coming out of your home dimension. You were just Helsknight, the knight that is more of a joke than anything else.

You were the fool who challenged his counterpart hours after he came into Hermitcarft, the fool who failed his one job, the fool who ran off into Wels' Nether portal to lick his wounds because he can't fight correctly.

You were supposed to run Welsknight into the ground with your sword's tip under his chin, not the other way around. He was supposed to be the one cowering on the floor, clutching his bloodied side with blood dripping down his armor. The start of your take over was supposed to start with the murder of your counterpart.

But no, fate decided it would pull a nice little prank on you. Fate decided that your plans would backfire. It was the ultimate uno-reverse card pulled in Minecraft's existence.

Instead of Welsknight being the dead player, it was about to be you. You had found yourself at the mercy of Wels. You were cowering on the floor, covered in blood after the pathetic excuse of a duel. You were crawling towards the Nether portal.

You were the weak counterpart.

Your body bonelessly hit the floor as soon as you stumbled out of the Nether portal. The grip of your sword was slippery with blood, and it had already slid out of your grasp. This was not how you thought this would go.

It was horrible, really. The way your fingernails uselessly scratched the soft netherrack, the way your groans and pounding heartbeat were the only sounds you could hear, they way you felt your own blood seeping through the heavy armor you wore...

A blood clot dripped out of the corner of your mouth. You choked on your own blood, coming from... you weren't sure. You were a knight for a reason, not a medic.

The tips of your fingers started to become cold. It was odd, you thought, because the Nether is always boiling hot. You couldn't see through you tears if there was ice at your fingers, but it wouldn't make sense since you hadn't moved an inch from where you fell.

The biting coldness chilled your bones and crawled to your wrist. You couldn't feel your hand anymore. You couldn't move your hand at all. Fear crept into the back of your mind like the coldness in your body. You just laid there, bleeding out on the floor, pathetic, and... dying.

It was too late when you realized that.

No, you didn't want to die. You didn't want to die. You didn't want to die.

A weak chuckle passed your lips involuntarily. This was it. This was how you'd go. You had no respawn because you were just a mere clone. Respawn was for real players. You sure weren't one.

Wels knew. He knew. You knew Wels knew because he wouldn't have harmed you this bad. He knew. He saw the chance and he took it.

By the time you finished your inner rant, your entire body felt like it was encased in ice. Your vision slowly turned white, and you felt your body relax on the hot netherrack ground. It was cold, so, so cold. It was so unbearably cold that it was the only thought that went through your head. Not about death, not about Wels, not about the stupid Hermits...

It's cold.

-------------

before you yell at me wels didn't know, that's just what hels thought because he needed someone to blame and not his own stupidity

jsyk this is an experiment for a short hermitcraft book that's been on my mind. idk if i'll do it because second person is rather repetitive with 'you' and 'your' and can get tiring to read after a lot of it.

maybe i could do something like... every two chapters is in second person (where a hermit would be in a mess and you'd go through their thinking process), and the 'normal' chapters are in normal third person pov where they are trying to save the hermit it a mess.

just a thought.

Have a good day!