This is Normal. Yep. [X and EX]

(October 20, 2020)

i am the best at chapter titles- jk jk im too lazy it's midnight and brain cell was used earlier

there's some announcements at the end jsyk

Summary: I don't feel like writing the other Hermits right now so if there are nine Ex and/or X fics in a row... my apologies :3
Word Count: idk man less than 1k tho
Category: none?
Warnings: this is the type of one shot I write but never publish because it's not really formal writing... but it's nothing bad I swear I just liked this prompt-

Basically 'every whatever the heck years gods are reincarnated into humans. Write about the god of chaos and the god of peace are reincarnated as twins.' :3

(i wrote this out of spite late at night when i should be working on l.a. homework so dont expect top notch stuff lol.)

---------------

Ex scowled as he sat on the edge of Xisuma's bed, watching him work. Here the chaos god was, existing to cause chaos, only for his abilities to be bound and for him to be treated like a dog on a leash. 

"I still can't believe we managed to be twins," Evil X called over Xisuma's speedy typing.

"Still complaining?" X retorted, his fingers not even faltering as he spoke. "Geez, when you don't have something to complain about, you default back to our existence day."

Evil X's jaw dropped dramatically. The admin's shoulders shook with barely suppressed giggles. With a pathetic grunt (Ex would not call it a squeak, shut up), he threw a pillow towards Xisuma, horribly missing as he always does. A few feet away, the pillow dropped pathetically on the ground. Ex crossed his arms and turned to the side with a pout.

"I have nothing better to do!" Ex flopped onto his back, yoinking the sheets that were nicely made that morning and wrapping himself tightly within the blankets. Both gods knew he did that to invalidate the five minutes Xisuma had spent fixing it. It happened almost daily, and the god of peace didn't know why he bothered to do it anymore.

A chuckle from Xisuma caught Ex off guard. He expected a scold or an annoyed sigh, but if the admin paused his work to turn to him, eh, that's five seconds X wasted.

"For the god of chaos, that's rather cute."

Ex scrambled to a sitting position, messing up his tied hair. "Oh, you did not just call me cute-"

"But I did," Xisuma smirked, fully turning in his spinny chair. Lilac eyes met rosy red ones. "What are you going to do about it, strike me with lightning? Oh, wait-"

"Xisumavoid!" Ex howled as a thunder rumbled in the clear sky outside. Much to his dismay, no lightning came from the clouds. He growled, his hair frizzing up slightly, even more so without his helmet. "You little-"

Xisuma threw the discarded pillow back to his brother, hitting him square in the face. "My goodness me, no need to be so dramatic... overreactive." The chaos god released an offended noise when said pillow dropped into his lap.

"Boring," Ex muttered, wrinkling his noise and curling back under the blankets. "How on Earth am I going to survive if I don't do anything, Xisuma? I live off chaos and you fully know that-"

"Find a way to cause chaos without destroying my server, I only revoked your destructive powers, aight?"

In response, Ex grumbled into the blankets inaudibly.

"Glad we're on the same page," Xisuma said, his voice a little too happy for Ex's likings. The latter huffed and buried his head into the sheets again.

...

The next morning, Xisuma found himself missing his bedsheets and pillows.

---------------

weeee rushed ending goes brrrr

Announcement #1
In November, I'm gonna try to do something that I might regret.

For that entire month, I am going to put my entire music playlist on shuffle and write about at least one verse/the chorus from it. Or I will pick a song. Depends on what I'm feeling that day.

Since it would be daily, the word count would probably be less than 500 words, idk.

I just want to feel productive, okay?

No jk jk (kinda not really), I want to try to write daily for a certain time period and hey let's do monthly and with :sparkles: music :sparkles:

This one shot would be similar to that :3

Announcement #2
I really suck at balancing school and writing so if you see a lack of updates that are in books that isn't this one (new one coming soon), that's why.

Announcement #3
You probably already know that Ex's pronouns (according to X) is he/they or they/them. Idk man I've seen both, and most people on the tumblr said he/they so uh ??? *confused Quill noises*

I'll alternate between he/him and they/them in the different one shots since both would theoretically work. (I like to be consistent in my writing so alternating between the two in one piece of writing would kill me.) I'll just choose whichever one I feel like writing that day.

Please don't kill me.

Thank you for reading, and I'll see you in November. <3