Simulation [Xisuma]

(November 21, 2019)

Word Count: 1025 words
Category: none
Warnings: none

Xisuma flew to his base, forgetting that he had to bring the wood for the rest of the build that he was currently working on. He groaned to himself, knowing he was wasting time, firework rockets, elytra durability, and that his patience was quickly wearing away.

He landed at his base, quickly finding wood in a chest. He slammed the chest close, and turned to fly with a huff. His eyebrows were squeezed together and eyes narrowed. After flying for a few minutes, he realised that he had low durability. He landed and decided to walk the rest of the way, for it was only a little bit farther.

He sighed, stepping over a blue flower. Now he was wasting his energy.

A couple of mobs, more specifically, a skeleton and a creeper, found their way out of the trees and attacked him. Xisuma stepped out of the way, dodging the arrow. He took out his sword, taking a little damage from another arrow. He stabbed the skeleton twice, killing it. He turned towards the creeper, doing the same.

"Xisuma! Behind you!" Some Hermit yelled, just as he heard a hissing noise in said area.

"Great..." Xisuma groaned, as he heard the explosion of a creeper. He hoped someone picked up his items and safely stored them.

Xisuma sat up in a bed, gasping. He was breathing hard, as if he just ran miles. The first thing he noticed was that he didn't have his helmet on. Xisuma looked around, seeing two people dressed in lab coats. One held a stopwatch, the other a clipboard.

"5 seconds, 53 milliseconds." The one with a stopwatch said.

"Hm. Quicker than Scar." Clipboard person said. They looked at the confused Xisuma.

"Go to the common room, second door on the left of the third hallway." The first one said. Xisuma nodded, bewildered. He got up from the bed. He had the same body from Hermitcraft, but was wearing a black leather jacket, a plain white shirt, and jeans. His hair was the same, but he didn't have the scars. He followed the directions and pushed a door open that said 'common room.'

Xisuma found five people sitting on the couches. One man was sitting forward, head in his hands. Another was sitting back, staring at the wall. One was reading a book. The last two were quietly talking to each other.

The one who stared at the wall jumped. Seeing who it was, he smiled.

"Xisuma." Scar's voice rang out. He wore a gray sweatshirt with black sweatpants. He was sitting with his hands in his pockets, making it seem like a very relaxed position.

The one with his head in his hands looked up. He squinted and tilted his head to the side.

"W-what's going on?" Xisuma stuttered, much unlike him. The one who was squinting smirked and sat back into the couch.

"It's not as you think, dude." Ren's voice came. Xisuma looked over to him. He wore jeans and a green zipper-up hoodie with a gray undershirt. He was talking with someone who had long, blond hair. It was most likely False. She waved, quietly saying hi. She was wearing gray dress pants, a white undershirt, and a black cardigan.

"What do you mean, Ren?" Xisuma asked.

"I- well, this... all of this, is a simulation. It's not real." He said, wringing his hands together.

"Right about that." Doc said. He was the one sitting back with a smirk on his face. He looked like a normal person and not a half creeper-robot thing. His hair was black and slicked back. He was also wearing jeans with a blue shirt and a grey zipper hoodie that was open.

"So, if this is all fake... then what's real? Is this even real?"

"Yeah, it actually is. Right Joe?" False asked.

"What?" Joe asked, finally looking up. "Oh, howdy Xisuma. Yeah, we checked and this laboratory is indeed real." He went back to reading his book, pushing his glasses up his face.

"Ok then... actually, is my brother here?"

"Yes. He was just being extra and had to leave the room." Ren started, before Xisuma turned and kicked the door back open. Instead of flying open like it should, it stopped short of the wall, like something was in it's way.

"I knew it." A pained, but familiar voice said. "My brother is finally here." Xisuma burst out laughing, stepping into the hall where his injured brother sat. Xanthus was rubbing his knee. His long, black hair was in a loose ponytail and his scars were all gone. He black pants with a dark red sweatshirt.

"Xanthus, don't stand behind doors, I thought you knew that after what happened last-" Xanthus quickly jumped up and covered Xisuma's mouth.

"I thought we agreed to not speak of that." He stated. Xisuma smiled and pushed his brother's hand away. He threw his arms around Xanthus, hugging him tight.

"Out of all the things that are real, I'm glad that you are." Xisuma said into his brother's shoulder. Xanthus hugged back just at tight.

"Same, X. Same." He said. An 'aw' sound came from the door. They both looked back and saw Ren, False, Doc, and Scar at the door. The two brothers quickly separated from each other and turned bright red. There is definitely no way any of them will forget this moment, experiment or not.

"Go 'way." Xanthus muttered, hiding his face.

"Come back into the room. We need to discuss some things." Ren said, but smiling at the sight. They followed him back into the room, and sat on the couches. Joe looked up, closing his book and pushing his glasses up again.

"So, what exactly is going on here?" Xisuma asked, looking at the five people who were here before him.

"This is all fake." Doc replied, picking his nails.

"It's all a simulation. We have to wait for the others, they said so. We don't know how long it'll take." False replied, speaking quietly.

"Alright, then." Xisuma started, taking up the leadership role. "So what can we do now?"