Like Nothing Happened (BTHB) [Xisuma]

(May 1, 2020)

(To mark which ones I've done, I'll do what I did above. These might be shorter than normal in order for me to attempt daily (except weekends they're usually my break days)? Idk we'll see how well it works out.)

(I realized I spelled doesn't incorrectly in one of the boxs. Huh.)

Box: Don't let Them see you Cry
Category: angst? idk
Warnings: bad thoughts kinda, blood

-------------

Xisuma turned his helmet around, staring at his face in the reflection. The person in the purple tinted glass stared back at him, almost a stranger to the admin. Sure, his freckles were the same. His hair was the same. Heck, even his nose that was slightly crooked from flying face-first into many walls was the same.

However, bloodshot eyes stared back. Streaks of tears trailed down his face. Blood seeped through the large cut on his swollen lip staining his face and armor red.

The creeper silently crept up on him, getting as close as it possible could. As Xisuma turned, it had exploded, literally in his face. Just thinking about how he got injured caused a rosy red color to spread across his face like a wildfire.

If the Hermits got word of this situation, they would poke fun of him and he would never hear the end of it.

Xisuma averted his eyes, setting the helmet aside. He was in such a horrible state. A busted lip, burns on his skin, and a ruined first layer of armor. X let his head fall to his chest, letting his yellow armor fill his vision.

He heaved a heavy sigh, curling into a small ball. He hugged his legs to his chest and rested his forehead on his knees. The base was silent, save for the humming bees and the occasional congested sniff.

And like usual, no one came by. It was as if nothing happened...

The weight of the world was getting far too heavy for Xisuma to carry. The server maintenance, the glitches to fix, the Hermits' shenanigans he had to deal with, the videos he had to keep up... it was getting too much for him.

And he knew it.

But the Hermits depended on him to keep their little world running, to keep the world in existence. Xisuma fears what the Hermits would say if he confessed he couldn't be the only admin in the server.

So he hid it. The pain, tears, fear... it was all locked in a box and stored away, pushed out of sight. What replaced it were the happy smiles, the fake laughs, the joke and giggles.

The poor admin sat there for hours on end, softly crying into his knees. At one point, X fell asleep from the mental and emotional exhaustion.

He blearily blinked his eyes, sluggishly sitting up. Xisuma moved to rub his hands, but pulled away at the last moment and stared at the blood and tears. Quietly whimpering, he stood up, grabbing his helmet.

Xisuma turned away, searching for the closest water source. He cleaned himself, wiping all traces of blood and tears away. X quickly changed into a spare set of yellow armor, storing the other one away for repair. The admin brushed his hair back, slipped his helmet on his head, and grabbed the camera.

He rocketed into the sky and landed on top of the creeper farm, sitting and dangling his legs over the edge. After mentally preparing himself, Xisuma hit record, and forced a smile in his eyes.

Like nothing happened.

-------------