Consequences (X and EX)

(August 29, 2020)

It's... it's totally not midnight I did not wait until midnight to post this so I could say I was back a week early...

Hi there, I'm back a week early because I got impatient.

Thank you for being patient with me. I just needed some time away from Wattpad... online in general.

Er- don't worry about the next few one-shots, I was either feeling angsty or fluffy-- no in between-- over my break. Especially with Ex and Hels. (Shush I live off Ex angst and/or fluff please send me more or I will pull a 'fine i'll do it myself' :3  [well tbh it'll probably still happen no matter what-] this is a request if you're lacking things to do-)

Anyways, I'm changing the format of my one-shots again, just a minor addition.

Summary: Ex suffers the consequences of being in the void for too long, Xisuma gets some sense slapped into him, and he gets Ex back. It works... but Ex isn't the same Ex he once knew.
Word Count: 3802
Category: Hurt/Comfort
Warnings: Small and rather poopy descriptions of torture (i don't really like typing that stuff so it's bad. skip the paragraph between the --- if you're sensitive). Feelings of worthlessness. Pacing? Lmao what's that?

I feel like this was an unconsciously written vent fic. I'm sorry, Ex.

This one shot could be read as a stand-alone or a continuation. CrystalCosmo, you (and others but mainly you) have been waiting for a part two of From Broken Promises, which was back in the middle of May. Here ya go, a part where someone slaps sense into X [but he actually slapped himself] (in Ex's PoV... you'll see it's kinda confusing).

Hopefully this will keep you occupied during one of those late nights (like it did with me whenever I wrote this... this took a long time to finish). Hope you're satisfied with this! (Blaugh I don't like the ending it's so rushed but I'm too tired to fix it.)

Enjoy! Thank you for choosing this one shot to read and have a great day! <3

----------

Every void was cold, no matter the dimension. It did not care for its inhabitants, nor did warmth exist. It was desolate of everything and nothing at the same time. Within normal conditions, nothing could survive inside it without dying a horrible and painful death. (The only exception was by banishing a player into the void.)

But that was normal for the semi-sentient abyss. Death was normal in the void. It often got bored by the lack of death, but it worked for entertainment.

A banishment, however, was not normal. The void was elated when Xisuma sent Ex to the void for the second time in his life. Not many players messed up bad enough to get banished, let alone twice.

With a concerning amount of glee, it played with its new-old victim and continued its rather violent torture methods as if he never left.

---
Though the void didn't have physical body parts, it was able to pull quite well. Evil X's screams would echo through the empty void, and it was a miracle he wasn't in two parts by the end of the little experiment. Squeezing was another skill it flaunted whenever it could. The Voidwalker has suffocated multiple times. Not once had he escaped the void despite dying as many times as he did. The worst method (and its favorite) were the blade-like gashes it could leave in Ex's delicate skin. It wasn't deep enough to be fatal, but it wasn't shallow in the slightest. Ex didn't know where his blood went after it seeped from the wound, but he didn't care. Multiple injuries were often inflicted at the same time, not allowing Ex enough mental capacity to even think about his general health.
---