Unlikely Rivalry [Tango and Joe]

(opposite to the other angel demon one shot)

For the first time in my life, I heard fighting in one of the most peaceful rooms in the entire building. It was in Joe's Hermitage, in a back room. It was out of the way, and no one would ever see it.

"Would you just listen to me for once! I'm not a bad person!" I heard a familiar yet not familiar voice ask in annoyance. Tango sounded exasperated, as if they have been arguing for hours.

"You're not even a person! You're a demon!" Joe argued, no southern accent in his voice. It was an accent I have never heard spoken.

"I could say the same about you, angel." I could almost hear the sneer in Tango's voice.

"At least I was sent here, you were banished-" I heard more noise, as if one of them was pushed into the wall.

"Get your hands off of me, you spawn of the devil-"

"Don't. Bring. That. Up." Tango hissed.

"Oh? Bring which up?" Joe taunted.

"My banishment."

"Ah, sore topic, demon?"

"Yes, angel." Another thump indicated someone falling to the floor. My hand hovered over the handle of the door. Would this be the correct time to interfere?

"Get away from me, you evil entity-" Joe spat.

"Maybe you should just stay away from me in the first place!" Tango shouted. A loud slap sound reached my ears. It sounded like a solid slap.

"How dare you-" Tango started, betrayal in his voice.

"You deserve it! You've caused nothing but trouble here!" Claws extended and scratched, presumably from Tango. A swoosh from wings were heard from Joe.

"Quiet, before someone hears!" Tango scolded. I quickly turned the knob of the door, pushing it open. It slammed into the wall, causing both the people to flinch and look at me in surprise.

"Too late." I say, crossing my arms and leaning against the wall. I loosely held my diamond sword, aimlessly twirling it around. I pushed a strand of curly orange hair out of my face, smirking at the two flustered 'people' who were acting like kids.

"It's your fault, Tango." Joe scolded. Tango scrambled to his feet, pushing Joe away from him. Joe stumbled backwards, glaring at the demon.

"The sheer nerve you have. How dare you touch me, you filthy-"

"Alright Joe, that's enough." I scold him, holding a hand out.

"Cleo, stay out of this." Tango hissed.

"You would kill each other if I don't stop you from doing it. Also, it would be a perma-death since both of you are close to using your angel or demon magic." I say, noticing how their hands were faintly glowing with white or red light.

"... how much did you hear?" Joe asked, narrowing his eyes at me. I glare right back at him.

"Enough. You two have been hiding this rivalry for quite a while, I suppose?"

"Quite well, huh?" Tango said, a sharp edge to his voice.

"The only thing we could agree on..." Joe muttered, wrinkling his nose.

"What is the problem anyway?" I asked. Both quickly became agitated, making me frown.

"He's a demon! He shouldn't be allowed in our world!" Joe quickly spat.

"He's an angel, so stuck up and privileged!" Tango retaliated. I cross, glaring at both of them. Tango hissed and Joe snarled.

"Calm. The heck. Down. No one needs to get hurt."

"You can't even do anything, Cleo. You'd be the one getting hurt." I held up my other wrist, showing both of them a simple yet dangerous bracelet.

"If I press the button on here, it'll activate an emergency call. It'll record anything audible and alert Xisuma and Biffa of my location. Once the button is pressed, you can't stop it. I will not hesitate to press it." I threatened. Both men looked at me in horror.

"Wait, no, please don't do that." Joe begged. Tango huffed, giving Joe and I a dirty look.

"You two seem like you have been at each other's throat. Why are you so against each other?"

"Angels and demons have never gotten along. We have quite the history back then." Tango sneered.

"How long ago?"

"... many, I am not sure. We live longer than most players since we aren't technically players." Joe said in reply.

"Well, you two can pack up your problems and accept that you two are different. That was in the past, well in the past if what you said is true. You know, Hermitcraft is supposed to be a family. Dysfunctional, it may be, but a family nonetheless." I say, glaring at both of them. Tango and Joe crossed their arms and looked away from each other.

"Now apologize."

"What?!" Joe exclaimed.

"You can't make us do that!" Tango argued.

"I'd rather kill him then apologize!" I held up my wrist again.

"I'm.... s... or-ry." Joe muttered, begrudgingly.

"Me too." Tango said. I raised an eyebrow, causing him to apologize fully.

"Good. Now I won't say a word unless this becomes a larger problem." I said, pulling the door open.

As I left, I only heard a huff and one of them muttering under their breath.

(okie i know they're waaayyyy outta character but it says that they hid it when they were in public so ehhhhh)

<3