Unopened Windows (Song Fic) [X and EX]

(tbh i almost cried when i was listening to this song on loop for the first time. im not an emotional person when it comes to movies, songs, or reading... so that says something)

(also, in the fic the Void twins arent on the best of terms, its more 'canon' to the hermitcraft series. in my universe (not dis one), they like each other but dont, if that makes sense?)

(sorry last one: im not using all of the song, im going to cut out the ones that i cant implement into this, sorry!)

~\¡■¤☆♡☆¤■¡/~

My favorite movies are tales never filmed,
That I dream of living out.
A private screening that plays in the field,
but I'm trapped inside this house.

EX sadly looked out of the 'window' of his cave, clutching his helmet tightly. To be honest, the window was more of a hole than anything else. He watched as the tree leaves rustled, as animals roamed by, as the occasional Hermit flew past...

He knew he really couldn't do any of that. He couldn't really do any outside activity. He was basically trapped in his own home.

And EX hated it with a burning passion.

Walk through the halls, trace the walls,
back to where we made our memories.
See what will never be...

He sat on the floor, hugging his knees and back against the wall. When he and Xisuma were younger, they were the best of friends. The went everywhere with each other, had the same friend group, did everything together, got in trouble together...

He wished that he could spend more time with his brother, but Xisuma hated him. Why? EX doesn't know. He will never know, unless Xisuma tells him.

A few silent tears slid down his face. Whether it was signifying guilt, hurt, betrayal, rage, EX doesn't know. All he really knew and wanted was his brother back, like the times before.

Through unopened windows, bound to my heart.
Fantasy so close, feels so afar.

Over the past couple years, EX's and Xisuma's relationship has grown farther and farther apart, obviously. Even though Xisuma hates his brother, Xisuma still holds a special place in EX's heart.

However, Xisuma hasn't spoken to EX recently, and every time they make eye contact, there isn't a hateful glare being exchanged.

EX was hopeful. Maybe Xisuma was changing, and they can go back to how they were all those years ago? But he was also doubtful. They've been hating each other for a while now... it's not likely.

But I long to break the lock and live among the life we lost.
Through unopened windows, they tear me apart.

EX was almost desperate for someone to talk to. He really needed it. He's seen what happens if he bottles up his feelings and emotions. It tears people apart.

He stood up, leaving his helmet on a table. He walked around, pacing back and forth for a while. EX made his decision.

His hand hovered over the door knob of the door to his cave. EX was hesitant to leave, but if he wanted to get better, be healthy, he had to do this.

He forced himself to open the door, pushing it fully open his his boot.

I'm sick of hearing that time always heals.
Try to tell that to my scars.
Sure it stopped the bleeding, and it's harder to feel,
But it really left a mark

EX hurts mentally. He knew this. He's been so caught up with himself and his brother that he was basically fighting himself.

When the conflict was new, he wasn't sure if he should forgive his brother or to hate him forever. It caused a multi-year battle of EX fighting with himself about the entire problem. In the end, he decided that'd he forgive Xisuma. EX knew that Xisuma didn't forgive him, though.

These days, because of that, EX barely let any emotion show with others around. If they're around in the first place. He also had found it harder to feel anything. It was as if he was numb inside...

I walk through the halls, trace the walls.
Back to where we made our memories.

Flying though the Hermitcraft server brung back memories that EX had forgotten about. He wiped another stray tear from his eye, flinging it away.

He flew through the sky, looking for the turtle-man. EX avoided the other Hermits, hiding if the started to come closer.

After flying for a few minutes, he spotted a green cladded man moving swiftly through a spruce forest.

He landed hard, falling onto the ground.

Xisuma heard and turned around.

All the stories left unwritten, that we drew up in the past.
It's the game we never went to, or the drinks we never had.

He rushed to his brother, holding a sword to his neck. EX's breath hitched, his entire body freezing.

"Xisuma..." He whispered. Xisuma glared at him through his helmet.

"Is this a pitiful attempt at a prank? Were you trying to kill me again? If so, both aren't going to be successful today." Xisuma spat.

"N-No, it's not that." EX stuttered. He slowly held his hands up in a surrendering position. "Listen to me for once please..."

"No, I'm not going to." Xisuma's grip on his sword tightened.

As I look up to the stars, and make a wish to bring you back.
But I curse the roof above me, and I learn to live behind all these unopened windows...

"Xisuma... I- please, you have to understand-"

"Don't tell me what to do, EX." Xisuma hissed back, pressing the sword into EX's neck. EX gasped, betrayal in his eyes. EX closed his eyes, knowing that no wish could ever make Xisuma know how he truly felt.

He looked away, dropping his hands to his side and grasping his pants loosely.

"Well, then." He said, defeat in his voice. "Go on. Get it over with." Xisuma shook his head, slipping the sword into its sheath.

"Just stay away from me." He was about to turn around when his brother started speaking.

But I long to break the lock and live among the life we lost.
Through unopened windows, they tear me apart.

"Please, Xisuma, let me speak. Forgive me for the impulsive and idiotic things I've done in the past." EX begged, tears rolling down his face.

Xisuma narrowed his eyes at his evil brother. He noted the tear stained face, the red eyes from crying, the lack of the ominous helmet, the defeated slump of his shoulders, his loose grasp on his own clothing... it hurt Xisuma to see his brother like that.

But Xisuma hadn't learned how to forgive yet.

He turned away, ignoring his brother's desperate cries and pleas.

"For the love of Notch, Xisuma! Open your eyes! It's been years!" EX called after his twin. Xisuma ignored him, flying away with a blast of a rocket.

EX's attempts of amending a relationship were in vain. Look where it's gotten him...

They tear me apart
They tear me apart
See what will never be
Through unopened windows, they tear me apart

[Evil Xisuma] has been permanently banned from the server by [Xisuma].

~\¡■¤☆♡☆¤■¡/~

(i made myself sad writing this)

(and what the heck xisuma no not to ex dont do that)

(not proof read or re-read for easy mistakes 'cause im lazy)