Saved [EX]

(as you can see, im back. there was well over 100 messages. and thank you for the good lucks, i did well on the final i had.)

(Concept: EX was produced by a glitch. He isn't an actual player. If he dies, he won't respawn. It'll be a perma-death. [no idea where i saw this, but credit to them])

(December 19, 2019)

Word Count: 1240 words
Category: none
Warnings: blood and injury

A sigh of relief. A pop of a potion bottle. The sound of drinking. Another sigh, this time in exhaustion and annoyance.

EX wasn't sure what to think when he flew into the side of a cliff. He had one-half hearts left. Any less than that, he would be gone forever.

Perma-death. A word that has always haunted EX since he was glitched into existence. If he dies, he's not coming back. Not something anyone wants, especially him.

EX also knew that pain was his weakness. Because he is a glitch, his pain tolerance is lower. He hated this. It was so low, that if he tripped and scratched his knee, it would feel ten times worse. No, not a pleasant experience.

He launched into the air, cautiously this time. He couldn't afford to die this early. He had other things to do, like create great memories, play pranks... enjoyable things like that.

EX shook his head, knowing that he probably wouldn't die anytime soon. Well, that's if he wasn't paying attention.

After flying for a few minutes, he landed in the center of the shopping district. All the Hermits were gathered there. Today was one of those days where they all got together and messed around. He secretly loved these days, though he acted like he despised it.

EX frowned. He didn't see his twin there. That was the most enjoyable part, seeing his brother. Xisuma was always caught up in his projects and admin duties. EX never had time to see him.

EX observed the competition they were doing this time. Every gathering, they have some game they play. Once it was a try-not-to-laugh, another was a pie-eating challenge, and another one was a running competition. EX has always participated, whether he won or lost. It was a fun time, one that he could actually make memories from.

As EX watched the Hermits compete, he paled. They were dueling each other to the death. Now, he knew he could defeat some people, like Jevin and Cleo. But Iskall and False... no, that would result in an early perma-death for him.

EX started subtly walking away when he heard his name get called.

"Hey, EX! Why don't you fight one of us?" Scar asked, a cocky grin on his face. EX froze. It was noticeable. Very noticeable.

"What's wrong, scared?" Ren taunted. EX bit his lip from underneath his helmet. He slowly shook his head.

"No, i just don't want to duel right now-" He yelped in pain, hissing as he grasped his arm. An arrow impaled him, causing blood to flow out of his wound. He looked up to see a grinning Doc, who was holding a bow in a ready position. His trident was strapped to his back, and was standing 20 blocks away (20 meters). Hermits backed away, not wanting to get shot also. EX plucked the arrow out of his arm, gasping again and loudly from the pain. Doc frowned a little, but no one saw. It shouldn't have hurt that much...

EX dove behind a rock, taking a healing potion out.

He was down by two hearts.

That stupid arrow... EX thought, while hastily drinking that potion. He slid a sword out of its sheath. It was sharp, enchanted, and shiny. It was the diamond sword that his brother gave him, and it was still in pristine condition.

EX was movement in the corner of his eye, and dove to the side, rolling away. Doc's trident came down and impaled the area where he just was, flying from being thrown. EX stood, blocking the trident that came down on his head. He pushed away, slicing Doc clean on his torso. Doc retaliated, cutting EX's other arm with the three points of his weapon.

He had a total of five hearts left.

EX cried out in pain, stumbling back and holding his arm. His sword was still being held, but loosely. He brought his arm up to weakly block another strike. His sword was knocked out of his hands, flying to the side. EX tried running, but got two arrows in the leg and one slash to the back. He fell to the floor, helmet falling off. He pushed it away, curling into a small ball.

He was down to one heart left.

EX's breathing was fast, almost to the point of hyperventilating. He was sweating with fear, shaking with terror. He had just escaped perma-death, now he was really going to die.

By Doc's hand, a fellow Hermit.

The glare from the sun reflected off of Doc's trident, which was poised above EX.

EX accepted defeat. He let his head rest on the grass. His white hair was stained with a bit of blood. He had an arrow wound in his left arm. He had three slices in his right arm. He had two arrows in his left leg, and a deep slash on his back. He was curled into a ball, eyes closed and head resting on the grass. It was sure to be his end now.

Doc was about to stab EX when he was suddenly ender-pearled into.

Xisuma and Doc both fell to the floor, Doc taking damage from the pearl. Doc tried getting up, but Xisuma pushed him to the floor. Xisuma's brown hair fell in front of his face, eyes panicked and sweat rolling down his face. His helmet was off, discarded to the side many blocks away.

"Don't. No more, Doc."

"Xisuma- get off of me, I was almost-"

"You almost killed him!" Xisuma screamed. His voice sounded more realistic and human without the filter of his helmet on.

"That's the point!"

"You don't understand, do you?!"

"What are you going on about, Xisuma?" False asked, tilting her head.

"If you kill him, he. Will. Die."

"Obviously-" Doc started, rolling his eyes.

"Perma-death."

"I know- wait, what?"

"You heard me! EX would not respawn!" Doc was silent, staring at Xisuma with disbelief. Xisuma stared back, glaring.

"But that only happens-"

"If he weren't a real player, yes. Don't you know how EX was brought into this world?" Doc shook his head. "A glitch from the void, that's how!"

"Xisuma-" EX whispered. Xisuma's expression softened as he looked to his brother.

"B-beat him la-later. It hurts." Xisuma released Doc and turned to his injured sibling. He pulled out two healing potions, slowly giving them to EX. EX gladly took them, feeling his wounds close. It still left a scar, but was not hurting any longer. EX wrapped his arms around Xisuma, pulling him down with his bloody arms.

"I won't let you die that easily." Xisuma muttered into EX's ear.

"How did you know?" EX whispered back.

"We're twins. I vaguely felt your panic and came as quickly as I could."

"T-Thank you..." Xisuma leaned back, smiling.

"Are you alright now? You're not going to like, die on me any time soon, right?"

"Yes, Xisuma, I'll be fine."

"Good. Thought I'd have to save your skin again."

"Not anytime soon, Xisuma."

"Sure, EX."