Hiraeth PT2 [X and EX]

(January 5, 2021)

Summary: someone in the first part was like, how about a pt 2 with X comfort?
Word Count: 1058
Category: hurt/comfort, unedited word dump at 10pm because that's how the first one was written but at a later time :3
Warnings: none i dont think

--------------

Xisuma found him at the worst possible time.

Of course he did.

It was as if his life's plot always loved to work against him, throwing him things he can't control just for the giggles, just for the angst, just for the redemption he didn't want anymore after ages of wishing for it.

So Xisuma found him at his worst possible time- just over a slight (huge) breakdown, right about to start cleaning himself up from the tears on his face. The moment Evil X met Xisuma's eyes, he slammed the door from across the room and buried himself in the mess of raggedy old blankets upon his bed, trying his darnest to hide and pretend nothing was wrong.

The door opened again, and Evil X cursed under his breath. He knew it was useless, but he hoped Xisuma would just walk away (did he truly hope though?), but that was not in his nature to do so. That was what would always separate him and X--the kindness and selflessness.

The bed shifted when Xisuma carefully sat down behind him, and Evil X scowled when he didn't think to actually lie down, he just pulled the blankets around him, hiding his face in the sheets and hugging his knees to his chest. Now he was practically face to face with the one person he didn't want to see at that moment.

Xisuma never said anything, like always. He's never verbal in anyone's vulnerable times, only sitting there to listen. He only held Evil X's hands in his, silently pressing his forehead to the other's, despite it almost being hidden within the blankets. Maybe it was a bit awkward, their noses brushing and breaths mixing, and not to add the uncomfortable position the two were in, but for some stupid reason, it felt comforting to Evil X.

And dang it, he broke again.

He didn't even know it was possible for him to release as many emotions he'd been doing. He didn't know he had that many in the first place.

But he cried. He cried into X's shoulder, barely feeling the admin wrap his hands around his shaking form. Evil X sunk into his brother, utterly boneless in that passing moment. Xisuma held him tighter, pressing his face into his hair, muttering words Evil X couldn't understand over his own sobs.

At some point, he subconsciously grabbed X's arms holding them close to him as if they'd disappear the very next second. Maybe it was for reassurance that it wasn't a dream, or maybe he feared Xisuma would leave. He wished X wouldn't leave. He wished this isn't just to get his hopes up so he could be broken even further later.

He didn't know if he could survive something like that.

But no, Xisuma didn't pull away. Evil X almost fell asleep on his brother with how long the two had been sitting there, him with his muffled snuffles and Xisuma as still as a rock.

He became aware of his cold skin against Xisuma's. He almost clinged onto his brother just for the physical warmth and the theoretical warmth of being cared for. He became aware of the howling wind outside, the one that barely stayed out of his pathetic excuse of a home. He became aware of Xisuma's slow nd rhythmic breathing, and he automatically tried to match it now that he noticed it.

And suddenly, he felt selfish. He was taking up Xisuma's precious time, the time he could use for his admins stuff or checking in on the Hermits. He wasn't one of them. He wasn't a Hermit.

Evil X reluctantly sat up, but it didn't stop Xisuma from the physical contact Evil X so desperately needed, and a light of hope flickered inside him. Could this be it? His suffering was finally getting noticed?

No. That was being selfish. He could deal with his problems on his own. After all, Xisuma wasn't there to clean up his messes anymore. That's what he said when he had to leave for the Admin school thing.

Evil X apologized for wasting his time and told him to leave. Xisuma shook his head, holding him tighter, which he slightly sunk back into. (He was being selfish by taking up Xisuma's time.) Evil X asked if something was wrong, if they needed to talk, if he was in trouble. Xisuma shook his head again, resting his chin on the top of his brother's head, to which he leaned into. (He was being selfish by taking up his time.) Evil X blatantly asked if something possessed him, because there was no way in hell he suddenly stopped by at his worst time possible. Xisuma's shoulders shook slightly with a small chuckle, but once again, he shook his head, his chest rumbling against Evil X with a sad sound.

After a few moments of silence, Xisuma whispered an apology, almost lost to the blood pounding loudly in Evil X's ears. He said it again, more confidently, then provided Evil X with an essay of why he was sorry. Nothing has changed between the two of them, meaning Evil X comprehended barely any of the words.

But it didn't mean he wasn't listening. No, he couldn't believe his ears. Goodness, this was something he had been wishing for for ages and he didn't know how to received it once the moment came.

Xisuma squeezed him tight again, reminding him of the warm arms he was encased in. He sighed and let his eyes flutter close, mentally and emotionally tired. The fact that Xisuma started to rock back and forth while humming a quiet tune didn't his exhaustion.

And Evil X fell into a dreamless sleep, safely and quietly in his brother's arms.

--------------

This may be the last one shot for a while (unless I get motivation to finish the fluff one tonight, if so that'll be the one), I'm overhauling my schedule so I can work on some full book ideas. ^^

Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a fantastic day/night! <3