Nightly Terrors (BTHB) [Bdubs]

(June 5, 2020)

I'm trying to not repeat Hermits. We'll see how that goes and if there's enough.

Yes I take ages to type chapters now. I'm trying to update Heart and Mind and the rewrite (shamless plug) while keeping this book also updated. Maybe I should have only done this and one other main book. Huh.

Box: Panic Attack
Category: Fear to slight angst to comfort. Comfort for once! Yay!
Warnings: Panic attack included (... dUh). I haven't experienced one myself, so if it's inaccurate, I apologize.

Platonic. I'm not in a shippy mood right now, and I don't want to write shippy fics anymore.

Enjoy! <3

-------------------
Bdubs jumped off the outline of the planned cliff, spreading his elytra. Night was falling, and it was falling fast.

The beds he carried around with him were nowhere to be found. They weren't even in his enderchest. How? Why? Bdubs always has his beds no matter what, just in case... something like this happens.

Nyctophobia, Bdubs recalled, his face creasing with worry and panic. The builder shivered at the thought of night, his heart pounding against his ribs. He looked towards the sun, watching as it steadily disappeared below the horizon. Spamming his rockets unnecessarily, he dove into his flower shop house, knowing there would be a lonely aqua bed in the center of the build.

Or not.

Bdubs threw the door back open, racing to the other house. The sun was just barely visible over the horizon. Only a sliver of daylight was left...

His legs gave out, forcing him to collapse against the bridge's rails. The builder didn't care about the ache in his shoulder from slamming harshly onto the surface. All he knew were the shivers that racked his body.

The sun was gone, replaced with the dancing stars and the shining moon.

The first sense to go was his sight. It was like a camera focusing and unfocusing, steadily getting worse and worse until he couldn't see anything except a mess of color.

He looked around, the green grass and grey stone mixing together into one disgusting shade of... was that brown? Bdubs couldn't bring himself to grimace at the yucky color, the only thing he was focused on was the moon over the horizon.

Next was the hearing. The ambient sounds of the night faded to silence, leaving only the sound of the blood rushing through his ears. The builder clenched his hands over his head and squeezed his eyes shut, desperately trying to drown the sound out.

His chest and lungs seemed to stop working. No matter what he tried, he couldn't draw in a breath.

It all happened so fast, Bdubs didn't have the time to fully understand what was happening. His mind had gone haywire, his thoughts barely forming correctly.

He didn't know it, but tears were steadily running down his face, mixing with the sweat that lined his neck. Whether they were from frustration of not completely understanding what was happening to him or the sheer panic, he didn't know. Bdubs pulled his knees to his chest, trying to hide the tears in his knees.

A sob escaped Bdubs' lips. As hard as he tried, he couldn't stop it. Here he was, all alone, pathetically sitting curled up on his bridge, crying his heart out to the mobs that thankfully stayed away.

Alone.

You're all alone.

It didn't make sense. Every other though Bdubs had was incoherent. Why were these so loud, so clear?