Born in Control [Wels and Hels]

(November 2, 2020)

I didn't realize last chapter was the 100th chapter O.O

Word Count: 555 ayyyy
Category: Possible non-canon backstory
Warnings: Mentions of vomiting but no descriptions because ew

I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I

'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster
I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
-Monster, by Imagine Dragons

-----------

He hated every time it happened.

It left him sitting in the corner of  a room, barely able to contain his sobs. It left a mess in the room, often the result of thrashing around. It left an echoing laugh in his head, even after the entire ordeal was complete.

It left him even more vulnerable to the next time it happened. 

Wels pressed the heel of his palm to his forehead, his helmet discarded elsewhere. He barely noticed he had crawled into the small space that was between the wall and his bed. With his other arm, he hugged his knees closer to his chest, breathing out a wavering breath. Curse the headache. Nothing, not even respawn, could rid his head of the pounding migraine that assaulted his brain only minutes ago.

The sensation of needing to throw up increased every passing moment. Wels has managed to keep it down, but in the past, he wasn't so lucky.

A chuckle echoed in his head. Whether it was at Wels or the pain it was causing, Wels didn't know.

C'mon Welsie, what could possibly be the worse thing that could happen?

Wels gritted his teeth. He moved his hands to massage his temples, the headache easing ever so slightly. Pressing his forehead to the cool wood of his bed frame, he took deep breaths, as if to distract himself.

Exactly. Nothing could go wrong, the voice said, taking Wels' silence as a response. Plus, if you just let me out, if we just cooperate, this will hurt less for you.

"Absolutely not," Wels finally replied in a low whisper. He winced at the sound, his already sensitive ears more sensitive because of the migraine. "I don't want to put the Hermits at risk."

You already have by joining them.

Wels could just feel the smirk in the voice.

"No, Hels," the Hermit hissed. "Just leave me alone." Wels held his stomach. The more Hels spoke, the faster the urge to throw up increased.

Aw, c'mon, you know you love me-

"Never asked for you. Hate you. Leave me alone." Even by opening his mouth to speak, he almost threw up.

You are absolutely no fun.

The color of Wels' sapphire eyes started to flicker red. What seemed like another consciousness shoved it's way to the front of Wels' mind, and it took his all to not let it take over.

Wels was left heaving with his efforts after Hels stopped trying.

"I," Wels gasped between his heavy breaths, "was the one... born with control. I will remain in control."

You're too hopeful. You've barely stopped me this time, and I wasn't even trying. I'll be stronger, I'll be better next time, mark my words, Welsknight.

Hels' strained voice says otherwise. And with that, he left, going to the back of their shared mind and sulking to himself, bringing them pounding headache with him.

Wels smiled faintly at that.

Even though it wasn't much, the simple action of retreating gave the Hermit hope that he wouldn't be the one pushed to the back of his mind, locked away and powerless to do anything.

-----------

Forgot how Wels built his bedroom-

Thank you for reading and have a fantastic day! <3