Down With a Crash [X and EX]

Cross-posted on Ao3

(November 11, 2020)

*worked on this all day and am proud of it noises*

Summary: Xisuma gets injured mid-flight and has to make it back to the allies' base while keeping highly explosive TNT safe from any possible ignitions. Evil X has to keep his brother from crashing into the ground. Both fail.
Category: Angst, this AU of mine where X and Evil X used to be part of an elite force thing
Warnings: mild description of gore, helluva lot of tnt, near death experience~
Word Count: 3277

-----------

"Depart when ready. Stay safe out there, General X and Y," the strategist called to the generals who stood side by side, tension straining both their shoulders. "Remember, mind the new TNT and bring one back if you can. And--" They leveled a glare at General Y. "--be careful with it. I would like to have both the generals for the next battle."

Xisuma nodded as Evil X pursed his lips at being called General Y. Both brothers ignored it for the most part, but when strategist turned away to give instructions to another group, X nudged his brother in the side.

"General Y, aye?" he snickered. Evil X glared through the black reflective visor, the lights that indicated his eyes narrowing. Xisuma chuckled and clapped him on the back, almost knocking him off balance.

"Oh, shut it," Evil X grumbled, pushing Xisuma's arm away. "We've got a duo mission to do, and you mocking my title will make it oh-so miserable."

"C'mon, it's not that bad." Xisuma smiled, not that Evil X could see it behind the filter of his helmet.

"You'll be even more insufferable now that we don't have people watching our every move," Evil X scowled, and even though his visor was one-way glass, Xisuma knew the exact expression etched upon his face. "It's not even my name, where'd the Y come from?"

"Off-brand X?" the general tried.

"Xisuma-"

"Illegibly written X!"

"Xisuma, lets go," Evil X said, swatting at X's arm. He deployed his elytra and shot off before Xisuma could retaliate. The green clad general smiled and followed closely after his brother.

For the first thousand blocks they flew, all was silent. The only sounds they heard was the rushing wind, an arrow whizzing past, a metallic ring of a trident being thrown, and explosions that littered the battle field. It decreased the farther they got from the base, but never did they let their guard down.

And as if they were on the same wavelength, Xisuma and Evil X darted through the sky, concentration and focus one in the same. Their movements and turns were exactly the same, keeping them a safe distance from the other, but close enough to communicate through eye contact. Likewise, their maneuvers in sync, their shots and precision just as accurate at the other. They shot their bows at the same time, nailing each of their targets with a single arrow, all of this in a systematic and efficient pattern that left the two deadly to stragglers in the fields.

The speakers in their helmets crackled with the breaths of the others, but nothing verbal was said. Lack of concentration and the danger of not being aware was higher the closer they were to their base.

Below them, an explosion that was much larger than a normal TNT shook the air, leaving a gaping crater in the endstone island. Those who were unfortunate enough to get bombed from the sky couldn't have survived it. Others who were farther away were thrown off their feet or knocked unconscious, lucky enough to tell the story.