Chapter 136: YZH IV

In a misty fog, there is an outline of a woman.

Water drips down the edges of her body.

Her figure is slim with sides mimicking curves of valleys between mountains. Her entire chest is visible, the image is embalmed into my memory.

The steam disappears and snow falls all around me.

I sense someone coming up from behind, their steps make no sound in the layer of snow.

"Who are you?" I turn around. I knew it was him.

"I'm you, but with more personality." He crosses his arms, moving his head flamboyantly.

We stand in front of one another, our eyes at the same level. He and I are identical in appearance, but our auras are vastly different. I'm much more polished and my cultivation are years beyond his.

We are back at Crimson Snow Valley. The Crimson Tear Trees surrounds us.

"What are you?" I question.

"You should know the answer to that." The cheeky smile on his face vanishes and his eyes turn dark. His expression reminds me of one who has finally come face to face with their long time foe.

"You're me as you've put it, but you are nothing like me. Just how are you able to repress my powers in this realm?"

He laughs, "Your subconscious is my domain. You are the one who locked me in here."

"What are you talking about?"

He doesn't seem threatened by me at all. With hands behind his back, he walks pass me and explains, "When your fate of becoming the Demon Lord was prophesied by the late Witch Sage, it meant a great sacrifice had to be made. Of course, nothing in this world mattered to us anymore. It was a world which Luo Na Li no longer lived in."

He turns around, "As expected the universe claimed what it wanted. You lost your memories of Luo Na Li little by little, a tortuous process. Even when you renounced the prophecy and gave up your life of a demon leader, fate cannot be be avoided. I've hated you. Living nonchalantly with the heart of an ice demon, not remembering anything, causing me to relive Na Li's death over and over in this frosty hell."

"You're saying I've sealed you here."

"You subconsciously left your memories where she died." His eyes stare at the ground.

I scoff, "So it's been you? The one who's been giving me these dreams of the mysterious woman, Luo Na Li."

"In a way, yes. To be more precise it has been you all along because I am you."

"If she's meant to be forgotten then why remember?"

"I won't let you forget her. She was the only person in this world who made the ultimate sacrifice to get you where you are today. If you didn't live for her, you would have perished hundreds of years ago. Not only do I hate you for not wanting to remember, but by how you treat Rong Xin."

"Li Rong Xin?"

His insane laugh lingers in the cold air. "Yang Zi Huo, you don't know what love is."

I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"You think you love that Immortal Sect Princess Ming Yan?"

Love?

"Sure, you're a man. Your blood is bound to boil for such a beautiful woman."

"Don't be absurd."

"Just don't go and mess things up with Rong Xin. I know you are suppressing your feelings. God, you're like a teenager who doesn't know when to kiss the girl."