𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ]

Another pin was placed into the door and before I knew what was happening, I was leaving the safety of Dr Lee's presence and entering Test Subject 312's cell. Before the door slammed behind me, I spotted Dr Choi staring at me, daring me to mess up. With one last shaky breath, the door slammed behind me and I was locked in the cell.
Hesitantly, I lifted my eyes and took an unsteady step towards Test Subject 312.

As if it had only just noticed my entrance, its head snapped towards me and I saw its eyes narrow. Quicker than I could even process, it had propelled its body off the bed and swiftly made its way towards me, crouched in a threatening stance.

I held my hands in front of my face.

"Wait! Please, stop!" I pleaded, backing towards the door in fear. "I don't want to hurt you, I just want to talk."

The scuffling of feet stopped and I peered through my fingers and sighed in relief as I realized that it had stopped its advancement. However, it's body was still tense and fists clutched at its side as he eyes scoured my body, probably searching for weapons.

It was then when I truly realized what Test Subject 312 was- he was a boy.

His dark hair had grown long since that feeble glance I had gotten of him 6 months prior. I assume he hadn't allowed anyone close enough to cut it. His jawline was sharp but his features were soft and I felt an increasing amount of pity for him. Despite the bulging muscles, he reminded me of the boys back home who the girls would fawn over. He didn't deserve to be here, I truly believed that.

"Please, don't worry," I said, holding my arms up in a symbol of surrender, "do I look like the normal type of person who comes in here?"

This calmed him more significantly than expected and before I realized what had happened, he'd flopped onto the bed. Hesitantly, I took a step forward.

"May I sit?"

He didn't reply so I cautiously took another step forward and perched myself on the end of the white bed frame. It creaked slightly when I sat down, the bed dipping under my weight and I felt Test Subject 312 shuffle and sit up. He was facing me, his eyes glued to mine. This whole situation was baffling to me.
Dr Lee had seemed so anxious when I entered but the boy hadn't even attacked me yet.

As he continued to stare at me, I shuffled due to the awkward atmosphere. No one had informed me of what to actually do once I was inside the cell and now I was clueless. My mind flashed back to the notes and I remembered the scribbles at the bottom of each entry.

"Can I check your temperature?"

The boy didn't even blink and so I warily held out my hand to touch his forehead and check his temperature. He didn't even flinch as I brushed back his soft hair and went to touch his head but, as soon as my skin came into contact with his, he grabbed my wrist as if to remove our contact. I don't think he expected me to go flying into the nearby wall.

The action was so simple, so small but the impact wasn't. I felt my body soar across the room and slam against the wall, my head hitting the wall. What just happened? He hardly touched me? It didn't make much difference though, as the door was flung open and men in black, holding tranquilizer guns, barged into the room.

Test Subject 312 had now stood up, standing in a defense position and growling lowly at the approaching people. Then, when the first shot was fired, all hell was let loose as he begun to shout and the men began to restrain him despite how hard he pulled on their bonds. I tried to stand and stop them but my world spun and I reached up to my head and recoiled at the sight of blood coating my fingers.

My vision began to flicker and I groaned as I felt someone pull my across from the room, in hopes of saving me from Test Subject 312. I didn't need saving though because, deep down, I knew that he didn't mean to hurt me and before I lost consciousness, I said one thing.

"Don't hurt him."