𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

a/n: thank you for all your support on this book. when I get votes and comments, it makes me so happy. I love reading all your comments.

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ]

"So, what did Jungkook tell you the other day?" Jeno asked, absentmindedly flicking a pencil so that it rolled up and down the desk.

With a frown, I snatched up the pencil and chastised him for his lack of attention. Ever since we found the camera, he hadn't been able to focus one bit. "You could be a bit more enthusiastic you know?"

He pursed his lips in an attempt to be sulky but I wasn't having it. "Don't even try and gain my forgiveness. Ever since you found that camera and I agreed to not visit Jungkook tonight, you've had a complete lack of regard for the situation. This is important, Jeno."

"Whatever."

"Oh come on! You're being totally unreasonable. You're acting like a two year old."

He flashed me a look that needed no interpretation- he was angry. "I'm sorry but if it wasn't for me you'd be spilling all of your precious Jungkook's secrets to everyone in this shit hole."

"What the hell is wrong with you! You're so bipolar." I couldn't understand this boy. True, he was my only friend in this place but his mood swings were endless. One minute he was sad and then he was angry or happy, it was becoming exhausting especially when I had more important things to focus on. "I just want to help Jungkook. I thought that's what you wanted to do, for your sister's sake."

Jeno's whole body tensed and he let out a small huff. "You're right, I've been a douchebag. I'm just loosing hope here Hayeon. One minute you think you're going to be able to save the world and the next you're deflated because you come up empty handed."

The truth hit me like a punch in the gut. Jeno was right, of course, but reality still stung. I'd been so set on getting revenge that I hadn't paused for one second to actually create a plan. I was a mess- we all were.

"Fine," I said, breathing out a sigh of acceptance. "What do you suggest we do?"

"Lie low, stay under the radar whilst we try to get in contact with his friends. As much as we'd like to, we can't do this alone."

I nodded in understanding. I should've probably put more faith into Jeno seeing as he was much more trained in these areas of expertises. I still had questions though. "How? I thought you said that they'd ignored all your emails?"

"They have but that was expected. They probably thought it was just a spy."

"So, how do we contact them?"

"That's where you come in." Jeno smirked and leaned forward. "They're smart, all of them. They must have set up some secret code as a safeguard incase they ever got separated and I'll bet my arm and leg that Jungkook knows exactly what it is."

I stilled, my mind racing. Sure, me and Jungkook were closer than ever at the minute but even classifying us as 'friends' was somewhat far fetched. We were acquaintances with a mutual agreement, that was all. Partners in crime, perhaps. Plus, Jungkook would flat out refuse to give away such a well protected secret which ensures his friends safety. The whole plan was hopeless and it hadn't even begun.

"No way," I said, shaking my head in resolution. "He'll never tell me that. Plus, you were the one who told me not to see him tonight. How can I get information from him when I can't even see him?"