𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

a/n : a little bit of a filler but next chapter will be when the next member is introduced, guess who?

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ]

Jungkook and Jin grew close in the next few weeks. At first, Jungkook was hesitant towards everyone but after a while, with Jin's help, he began to open up. Although, even then, he couldn't get used to the harsh regime of the laboratory.

They were constantly prodding him with needles and ignoring his pleads for his mum; they used him like a lab rat. He was officially their new and perfected experiment. This status became a reality when they discovered his enhancement.

Jin had warned him of the vigorous training he would have to do in order for them to figure out the enhancement he had been gifted with. Whether it was physical labour in the gym or activities to stimulate the brain, the poor nine year old never got a break. Then one day, when they'd kept him in the gym all day, refusing to left him out no matter his cries of pain, he snapped. With all the strength he could muster, he let out a roar of anger and punched a fist through the wall setting off alarms all around the vicinity.

They'd instantly swarmed him as if he was some wild beast, containing him with handcuffs and pushing him against the floor. As he wrestled against the burly guards holding him down, he failed to notice the approaching needle before he felt the familiar prick in his elbow and he passed out.

When he awoke, Jin was no where to be seen. This was peculiar as Jin appeared to have unrestricted access throughout the laboratory and always made sure to be there when Jungkook awoke. However, this time was different. No longer did he have Jin's soothing voice and comforting smile to calm him down. Instead he was strapped to a bed, like he had been when he'd first arrived, in a cell made from padded white material. He recognised the familiar scene from the countless crime movies that he had watched at home- he was in a cell.

Instantly, the tears cascaded from his eyes as he pulled frantically at the bonds around his wrists. He could feel the fear rising up his throat and choking his vocal chords. He couldn't even cry for help or let out a desperate wail. His whole body trembled in terror and he could almost hear the fast paced rhythm of his heart, pounding against his chest. His alarm gradually increased and, before he knew it, he'd ripped the bonds around his wrists into shreds.

He instantly stood up from the bed, realising his mistake when the whole room spun, sending him spiralling they the floor. He felt utterly helpless as he laid his head against the floor, feeling the cool granite against his warm and clammy cheek.

When Jin finally entered he witnessed the small boy, curled up into a small ball, his fingernails, unknowingly, digging into the solid floor and he let out a gasp of horror. Jin wasn't blind and, even as a fourteen year old, he knew not to trust Mediheal Laboratories. They treated him nicely because he was older and restrained; he was also classified as 'harmless' so even if he wanted to fight, he couldn't. He also knew that the experiments weren't going to end with him and Jungkook- they were going to build an army. He'd prayed that Jungkook would be irrelevant, like him, but when he heard the guards whispering about the new experiment classified as 'danger', his heart sunk to the floor.

"Jungkook, hey. It's okay, Jin-hyung is here," Jin said, sitting down beside the quivering boy. He laid a comforting hand on his shoulder and felt Jungkook's shaking body lean towards that small sign of affection. It was quite obvious what had happened, all this pressure and fear had caused Jungkook to have a panic attack.

Jin didn't know how MediHeal created these enhancements but from what he'd overheard, the successful experiments were only ever children and only a rare amount were compatible to the transition. He didn't hesitate to guess that the 310 test subjects before him had all failed. He just hoped that they'd all managed to survive the process.

Jin flexed his fingers before willing his healing powers to flow towards Jungkook. Unfortunately, he could only heal physical injuries but he had been told that the warm feeling that his healing provided was very relaxing. He hoped that it would form some kind of comfort for this terrified boy.

"Jin hyung, will we ever leave this place?" Jungkook choked, spluttering over his words.

Jin startled and stopped, pondering over the youngest words.

"Of course we will, don't worry about that."

That was a lie, he knew it. If they didn't escape, they would be exploited for the rest of their lives. They had to learn how to control their enhancements and then, when they were ready, they'd break free from this cursed place and, finally, Jungkook would be able to live again.