𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

a/n: there's no real plot in this chapter, just cuteness <3
also taehyung is very quickly becoming one of my favourite characters!! he's just so adorable!

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ]

"Hey Jin, can I help you?" I asked, walking into the kitchen and pouring myself a mug of tea out of the boiling kettle. He looked up, surprised by the company but nodded anyway.

"Yes, that would be very useful actually. I needed someone to cut the carrots."

Tomorrow we were leaving the haunted mansion, much to my delight. Namjoon had announced the new change over dinner, after I'd spent the majority of the afternoon running away from Jungkook and his scissors. Since then, the whole house had been manic with people running up and down the halls and packing their belongings. However, the craze seemed to have calmed down for three boys in particular.

"There's nothing wrong with choosing Princess Peach!" Taehyung shouted from the living room, adjacent to the kitchen. I flashed a worried look at Jin but he just rolled his eyes and continued to stir a brewing pot. This must be a normal occurrence.

I heard Yoongi mumble something derogatory and Taehyung returned with a huff of annoyance. They seemed to have piped down in their immature argument until Jungkook spoke. "Everyone knows the best character is Yoshi anyway."

Of course. Jungkook is always the one to kickstart the mischief. There was a flurry of disagreement as the boys begun a new debate. "Fuck off, Toad is the best," Yoongi argued.

Jin banged the ladle against the kitchen countertop and shouted into the living room. "No swearing!"

I sniggered and Jin shot me an amused glance. "This happens all the time," he said, grabbing some spices out the cupboard. Seeing him continue to cook reminded me that I'd also been assigned a job and I complacently went back to cutting the vegetables.

"They seemed to have stopped now," I pointed out, passing his chopped carrots along to Jin who dropped them in the pot. He asked if I could peel the potatoes and I felt obliged to say yes even though I had the prickling urge to go and watch the game of Mario Kart.

"Not for long. They always get annoyed when Jungkook wins." It was as Jin had timed it perfectly because, in less than 30 seconds, angry voices floated into the kitchen. Jin sent me a raised eyebrow as if to say 'I told you so.'

If I hadn't known that there were three competitive boys playing a video game, I would have guessed that world war three was happening in the room. These boys sounded as if they were out for blood except for Jungkook who, even from this distance, could be heard laughing profusely.

"How did you know Jungkook would win?" I asked curiously.

Jin just shrugged. "He always wins."

The argument went on for what seemed like forever. Yoongi, it seemed, had committed his day to winding up Taehyung who, in return, decided to get angry at Jungkook for purely winning. To little surprise, Jungkook had decided to cause as much chaos as possible and kept poking the boys with snarky comments.

Once more, the noise calmed down as they settled into another game but, this time, I was prepared for the onslaught that followed. What I wasn't expecting, was for Taehyung to miraculously appear in front of me and grab the cookies from the nearby cupboard. I just stared in shock and, when Jin turned around, he nearly jumped out of his skin as he held his chest as if he was trying to stop his heart from pounding out of his body.

"Taehyung, for goodness sake," Jin scolded, waving the large spoon at the doe-eyed boy. "Stop duplicating through walls unnecessarily."

Taehyung just blinked, his head tilted to the side like a confused puppy. "This is a necessity." He held up a cookie and timidly chewed the corner. "I'm going to loose the game otherwise."