𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

a/n: PLEASE READ!!!

I have a new bts short story coming soon and I just uploaded the teaser

please check it out! it's called Cluedo and I can't wait for everyone to read it

also, I didn't have time to edit this so feel free to point out any mistakes :)

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ]

"Are you sure we're going the right way?" I asked, almost launching out of my seat as we hit a pothole in the old dirt track. We'd avoided anymore suspicious cars and the remaining journey had been relatively peaceful. With Namjoon as the human tour guide, it meant that we had very little doubts about where we were meant to be going however, I was beginning to doubt the boy's directions as we drove down the abandoned path.

Namjoon hummed in response. "Only a couple more miles."

"Thank god," Yoongi moaned, wiping his eyes. "Can your butt get cramp? I don't think I'll ever walk again after this."

I didn't even have the energy to roll my eyes. Yoongi had managed to nap for a short while and catch up with his lost sleep but I'd been forced to keep my attention alert as I continued to drive. The thought of a bed and a pillow almost made me salivate.

"Here, here!" Namjoon shouted, pointing frantically at a turn in. As I spun the car round the sharp corner and got a look at the surrounding area, my jaw almost hit the floor. Yoongi had a similar reaction and he leaned closer to the glass of the window, pressing his nose up against it as his eyes flickered left and right trying to take in the endless beauty.

Spread over the large patch of land was a huge lake, glistening in the morning sun. I had never seen anything like it and, for a brief moment, forgot that I was driving causing the car to veer left slightly as I tried to absorb the sight in front of me.

"Please tell me that this is where we're staying," I whispered, my voice deep with awe. I had thought that the old apartment, with the thick forest, had been the idealistic home location but, now that I had laid eyes on this place, I realised that I was sorely mistaken.

Namjoon nodded enthusiastically, waving forward again as he tilted forward to get a look of the view through the windscreen. "That's where we're staying."

Yoongi whistled under his breath and mumbled something about someone 'splashing the cash'. When I got a peek at the house that had enraptured the boy, I couldn't help but feel the excitement peak in the pit of my stomach, pushing away all that anxiety that had been churning for the past 8 hours.

The house was the most remarkable thing I had ever seen. It looked like something out of a winter wonderland with its wooden walls and large patio, not even mentioning the endless amount of floors. The cabin was giant sized- a small school could live comfortably inside this place and I could imagine the rooms already, especially the front room which I envisaged having a log fire which would be perfect to curl up to with a cup of hot chocolate. It seemed too good to be true.

We pulled closer to the unbelievable house when Yoongi shouted out. "Look! The two other cars are already here."

The other sports car and the black van were parked in the gravel drive and the fear hit me straight away. Just because the cars had arrived safely, didn't mean their humans had. It didn't help when I saw the state of the van, its black paint chipped with a harrowing amount of silver scratches and it's metal dented and twisted immensely. I felt myself begin to chew my bottom lip, the skin splitting.

Very unsteadily, I reversed the car into a spot next to the others and cut off the engine. I turned backwards towards the boys I'd been travelling with. "You ready?"

Apparently they were as Namjoon had already launched himself out of the backseat, leaving the car door blowing open and shut. Yoongi peered through the glass, trying to get a look at wherever had caught Namjoon's attention and gasped when he did, also throwing himself out of the car with very little hesitation. 

I cursed under my breath and fumbled with the seatbelt before unlocking it, stepping out into the fresh countryside air. When I spotted the two boys hugging another boy, my heart flipped. Wasting no time, I hurried over and sighed in relief at the sight of Taehyung. Although I was most worried about Jungkook as a natural reaction, it felt good to see the friendly boy in good condition.

Well, almost.

"Tae, what happened to you?" Namjoon asked, holding up the boy's cheek and examining the purple bruise under his right eye. In all honesty, Namjoon probably shouldn't have been the one to ask that question considering he looked ten times worse but Taehyung didn't seem to care. Instead, he wrapped his arms around the older's waist and wailed.

"I'm sor-sorry hyung," Taehyung hiccuped, wiping his nose with the sleeve of his knitted jumper. "It was all my fault!"

The boy was an emotional mess and clung onto Namjoon even more tighter than before. "Jin hyung was so scared when you didn't turn up and I just had to reveal what I'd done and then everyone got angry at me and I was so guilty and I was so scared that...that, I'd killed you." The boy looked up with puppy eyes, the tears welling up in the corners. Obviously, Namjoon had no idea what the boy was talking about but kindly tapped his head in response.

"Namjoon!" Someone shouted from the distance.

All of our heads popped up and, from out of the front door of the house, Jungkook, Hoseok, Jimin and Jin appeared, the latter in floods of torrential tears. Jin rushed forwards, wrapping his thin arms around the tall boy and weeping into his shoulder.

"Where were you?" he wailed, holding Namjoon's face in his hands as he trailed his finger over all the cuts and bruises he'd obtained.

Namjoon wasn't the only one being scolded. "Dammit Yoongi, why didn't you tell me about yours and Jungkook's plan! I was over my head with worry, you idiot," Jimin huffed, his arm crossed as he gave the older a death glare.

Yoongi just laughed. "Shut up midget, I got you a present." He rushed back to the yellow car and reached out for something, returning with Holly snuggled into the crease of his elbow, yawning cutely.

"You got me a puppy!" Jimin squealed, instantly holding out grabby hands for the little animal. Yoongi didn't waste time, gently placing the dog into the eager arms of his best friend who was already completely smitten. Jimin laughed gleefully, holding the dog in the air and giggling as it licked his nose. "You're already forgiven."

Yoongi went to give me a smug look as if to say 'I told you that the dog was a good idea' but I'd already turned away, facing the boy who I'd confessed to only a night prior.

Jungkook smiled, holding out his arms. My breath caught as I sprinted to the front of the house, not caring that the cuffs of my pyjamas were dragging in the dirt. I continued to run until I was wrapped in the boys arms, the comforting smell of mint encompassing my entire senses. I moved my hands around his lower chest as if to make sure that he was real. Yes, definitely real.

"You idiot!" I said, smacking his arm with as much force as I could physically muster. "Why did you leave me alone? Why did you leave me with Yoongi? Of all people, why did you choose the devil incarnate?"

Jungkook chuckled, leaning down and pecking my lips. "My plan worked though? Look, you're completely okay!" He lifted me up and spun me around, causing me to squeak in fear as I wrapped my legs around his torso.

"Put me down you idiot!" I laughed, flicking his nose.

"As you wish, my Queen."

I rolled my eyes, and scoffed lightly even though I knew that my nonchalant facade was failing miserably. "You're so cheesy."

Jungkook smirked. "Only for you."