𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘

a/n: listen to Alec Benjamin, his music is incredible

also, you guys wanted some more lighthearted interactions with all the boys and I'm here to provide so... enjoy :)

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 ]

The morning of moving was mayhem.

Went I woke up and stepped out from my bedroom, still wiping the sleep from my eyes, Jimin ran past me frantically, holding a large pile of unwashed clothes.

"Good Morning Hayeon!" He shouted, panting as he raced down the hallway. I went to greet him in return but he'd already disappeared into an unknown room. I shrugged, not questioning the peculiar encounter until I stepped into the kitchen.

Jin was stood at the oven, cracking eggs into a pan, putting bread into the toaster and stirring a pot simultaneously. Whilst multitasking, he was also scolding Taehyung. "Taehyung, I packed your bag for you last night. Do. Not. Forget. It," he said, waving a spatula in warning.

Namjoon snuck into the room and behind Jin before reaching over to grab a newly toasted piece of bread and popping it into his mouth, chewing happily. Jin smacked him over the shoulder for stealing food before breakfast had begun but Namjoon just shrugged, not regretful of his actions. From this angle, Jin was so red that he looked as though steam was going to come out of his ears; he must be so stressed. Just as Jin was about to reprimand Namjoon for his lack of regard, the boy turned to Taehyung. "We are not driving back if you forget your stuff."

Just from this conversation, I guessed that this was a common reoccurrence. Taehyung pouted, his eyes glassy as they widened in worry. "But...but Jin hyung, I never mean to forget! It just happens!"

Poor Taehyung. It truly sounded like he had the memory of a goldfish and I couldn't help but feel sympathy for the boy. "I'll remind you Taehyung." It wasn't as if I had any objects to remember to bring; I only had two outfits after all.

"Thank you Hayeon!" Taehyung said, clapping his hands excitedly. "I really don't mean to for- Woah! What are you doing?"

Jimin was back, looking rather red in the face as he dumped his pile of clothes on the table. Jin turned around and squealed in horror at the new 'place mat' covering the dining table and instantly began to scoop the clothes away and onto the floor, cringing when he had to touch the old socks. "Why are you putting all your dirty laundry on my dining table!" Jin screamed, quickly rushing back to the eggs which had begun to burn in the pan.

"I forgot to wash them!" Jimin cried, looking dejected as he stared at the pile of fabric on the floor. "I don't want to put them in my suitcase, they'll stink it out!"

Jin shot me a helpless look and I could tell that this was going to be a long day.

~

By the time noon had come around, we had all managed to pile into an eight seater van with a lot of effort. Jimin consistently complained about his dirty clothes, a fight erupted over the front seat and, even after my reminding, Taehyung had forgotten his suitcase.

"Can we actually set off now?" Jimin asked, in the drivers seat, as he turned on the engine and got prepared to reverse out of the driveway.

"We're ready hyung!" Jungkook said from beside me. Alongside Hoseok, the two of us managed to snag the back seat whereas Yoongi had claimed shotgun, much to Taehyung's displeasure.

We hadn't been on the road for five minutes before another fight emerged.

"No one wants to listen to classical music!" Jimin argued, trying to turn off the radio station, that Yoongi had insisted on playing, whilst also keeping his eyes on the road.

Yoongi scowled and hit his hand away from the button that held the power of changing the station. "Yeah, well at least everyone knows who Beethoven is. No one had any idea who this 'Alec Benjamin' guy is." This argument had been going on for too long and I could feel Jungkook tense as Yoongi taunted the younger again.

Namjoon looked up from the map, in his lap, and pushed his slipping glasses back up his nose. "I know who he is."

Yoongi spun in his chair and gave Namjoon a deadly stare. "That's because you're a nerd with bad music taste."

"Oi! What are you saying!" Jimin said, slamming a hand on the steering wheel. The car veered to the right slightly and I could see Jin anxiously grab onto the roof handles.

"Jimin, focus on the road and, if you're going to fight, please just turn the radio off." Jin rubbed the space between his eyebrows and, when the music was suddenly quietened, he closed his eyes with a small, satisfied smile. This was probably the first time he'd rested all morning.

The journey seemed to pass with little bumps after that and after a while, I could feel Jungkook shuffle slightly next to me. "Hey what's wrong?" I asked, checking for any obvious sign of discomfort but, luckily for me, he just shook his head and motioned to his leg.

"Just cramp," he whispered in my ear as he managed to shake his leg slightly and relieve the muscle tension. "How are you, by the way? I never asked how the conversation with your mum went." I felt my heart soften and I had the sudden urge to reach out and hold his hand.

I shrugged in attempt to appear nonchalant. "It was okay."

"Hayeon, you can tell me. You were really upset."

"It's just scary not knowing when I will be able to see them again." Everything about this new lifestyle was scary. The constant hiding, the seclusion, staying away from home- everything was terrifying.

"If you ever need to see them, I'll come with you," he said, bumping my shoulder lightly. I smiled, wanting to put my head on his shoulder. How had I ever thought that this sweet boy was a monster? I had to have been delusional. "Do you want a sour patch kid?" He held up a packet of sour gummy sweets and I laughed, motioning for him to pass them over. Popping one in my mouth and cringing at the sour taste, I mumbled a thanks.

"Jin hyunnnggg," Tae moaned from the seat in front. "I feel carsick."

It was as if a bomb had dropped. Jin instantly began to panic and rifled through his carry-on bag for a plastic bag, shouting at Jimin to open the windows. By his side, Namjoon was moaning profanities. "This is a brand new car!" Let's just say that Jin wasn't impressed with Namjoon's priorities.

"Shut up Namjoon! Find me a bottle of water," he shouted, pushing his bag into the hands of the unsuspecting boy who looked as if he'd been kicked. From the front of the car, I could hear Yoongi howling with laughter as Jimin scolded him.

"Hurry I feel sick," Taehyung cried, hitting his head against the headrest as he turned back and forth. I must admit, he didn't look too spectacular. He had begun to sweat profusely and he had turned as white as a sheet and I felt myself move closer to Jungkook, away from the sickly looking boy. I couldn't handle seeing people vomit very well.

Jin leaned forward and brushed away the boy's fringe before laying a hand on his forehead. "Oh don't get upset, it's alright to be ill," Jin cooed as Taehyung began to tear up, clutching his stomach in earnest. The older boy held the newly found bag up to Taehyung who held it with shaky hands.

"Are you okay Taetae?" Jimin said, taking his eyes off the road for a second to look at the boy.
The boy just muttered in response.

I could feel Jungkook shaking his head next to me, a sigh building in his throat.

"Welcome to the family Hayeon."