𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

a/n: if corona hadn't cancelled the map of the soul 7 tour, I'd be seeing bts tomorrow ●︿

this is peak devastation :(

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ]

As I sat in my office, daydreaming mindlessly, a notification popped up on my screen and I scrambled to read the message.

It was Namjoon. He wanted to know about the vents, for some unknown reason. Luckily for him, Jeno had given me tips about how to hack into the laboratory mainframe, before our little mishap, and retrieving the information was simple. I didn't even blink an eye at his request; he'd asked for much more bizarre things as of late.

I quickly added the link to a message and sent it off, breathing out a sigh of relief. Having this job was definitely stressful; Jungkook's future laid on my shoulders after all.

That night, the nerves pummelled me endlessly. What if Jeno didn't show? What if I was caught? It was a risk either way but I had to go see Jungkook because, not only had he asked, but it would prove where Jeno's loyalties laid and whether I could trust him. I hoped that he would come because, at the end of the day, he was still my best friend.

When I finally decided to make my way down to cell 8, I felt smaller than I ever had before. For once, the halls of the laboratory felt threatening and looming as if they were steadily coming closer and closer and trapping me within their walls.

"It's just the nerves," I whispered, swallowing a bundle of fear as a scientist walked past me. He didn't even blink, to my relief. It was normal for people, in this area of expertise, to be working way into the night.

When my hand wrapped around the door handle, leading to the observation room, I pleaded that Jeno was here. Please, please, please.

Tugging the door open lightly, I peered my head round the side of the door and my body slumped in relief, the tension evaporating instantly.

There he was, sat facing away from me, as he typed on the computer. When he heard the small creak of the door, he turned around quickly. When his eyes locked with mine, he fell back into his chair.

"You've got an hour," Jeno mumbled, his jaw clenched.

"Thank you, I won't forget this."

He gave me a hesitant nod and I slowly smiled. The atmosphere was definitely still tense but this proved to me that Jeno was a good person and that's all that mattered.

When I walked into the room, Jungkook was waiting up for me for once. Normally I spent ten minutes trying to wake him from his slumber but today he sat patiently, on the end of his bed, as he scribbled in his sketchbook. After my little bet with him in the training room, where I lost miserably, I bought him his promised pencils. By the looks of it, he was putting them to good use.

"What are you drawing?" I asked, plodding down next to him.

His eyes widened in surprise and I realised that he'd been so absorbed in his work that he hadn't even realised that I'd arrived.

"You came," he said, his eyebrow arched as he sent me a look.

"Of course I did. You wanted to speak to me, right?"

He nodded but didn't speak. I bit my lip and decided to initiate a conversation.

"What are you drawing?"

He looked at me in alarm and instantly snatched the book away from my line of sight, snapping it shut with ferocity. He pouted as he sent me a criticising look. "It's a secret."