𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

a/n: this is probably the most inactive i've ever been but, if you saw my mb, i've just started school again and I'm literally drowning in stress and work
i've been trying all week to get a chapter up and all i can give you is this tiny, kinda rubbish chapter
i promise that i'll try to be better and have more chapters up soon

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ]

"Ouch that hurts," Jimin whined as Yoongi massaged a blob of burn ointment onto his weeping wound. Luckily for the boy, his burn wasn't a third degree and both Yoongi and I had managed to treat it pretty quickly.

"How do you know how to do this?" I asked, as the older boy carefully wrapped a bandage around Jimin's arm, pausing patiently every time he whimpered. Yoongi ripped a bit of medical tape with his teeth, and softly placed it on the two seams of the bandage.

"I've had a lot of burns in my time," he said, shrugging as though it was obvious.

"What do you mean?" I assumed that with his enhancement of pyrokinesis, obtaining a burn would be virtually impossible but apparently not.

"It's quite simple actually," he said, standing up and rinsing his hands in the sink of the laboratory. When we'd arrived in this room, no one knew where anything was and we frantically scoured for something to help Jimin's pain. Under Namjoon's endless piles of papers we had fortunately managed to find our much needed tools. "If I'm not in control, my fire would burn me."

My eyebrows knitted and Jimin seemed to notice, peering out from under his sweat slicked fringe. "It's like my power. If I wasn't paying attention, I could potentially drown in a body of water."

"That's," I paused, trying to find the right word, "surprising."

Yoongi just hummed, rummaging in a cupboard under the sink. Carelessly, throwing out paper after paper, he pulled out a little wire box containing small boxes. He studied each box with precision before grabbing the one he needed.

"Here, it should help with the pain," he tossed the box over to Jimin who grabbed it with eager hands, popping the pills out from their packet and swallowing them dry. The boy sighed in relief, grabbing his head in his hands and leaning forwards.

"I hope they kick in quickly," he muttered, referring to the painkillers. He rocked back and forwards before pausing, blinking up at Yoongi. "Do you think Jin hyung is okay?"

The boy stood still for a second before sighing, cracking his neck. He sluggishly dragged himself back over to the table, where Jimin and I were sat, and perched next to us.

"Namjoon probably went too far," Yoongi mused, his lower lip frowning slightly. It was odd, I'd never really seen him show any emotion towards the relationship of the other boys.

"It's only because he cares though," Jimin pointed out, probably trying to reassure me that this wouldn't be a common occurrence.

Yoongi scoffed, his eyebrows pulling together as he appeared to ponder over his thoughts. "He cares too much. Those two are..." He paused, an almost blush lining his cheeks. "I wish they just tell each other."

"Tell each other what?" I didn't mean to butt in but I wasn't quite understanding. Quite being the keyword. You'd have to be blind to not notice Jin and Namjoon's obvious fondness of one another.

I looked from person to person but no one replied, the two boys opting to avoid any eye contact. In the end, I gave up trying to get an answer and chose to ask a question that had been bugging me for a while.

"Do you think MediHeal will find us?"

Yoongi and Jimin's eyes met mine in an instant, widened in complete and adulterated shock. Jimin went to say something but his words didn't come out, leaving him wide mouthed, gulping like a fish.

"You can tell me. I had a feeling that something was going on."

"How do you know that?" Yoongi rasped, touching his ear.

I bit my lip, shaking my head. "I didn't, it was just a guess. Everyone's been training a lot more frequently and this afternoon when Namjoon didn't let Jin use his enhancement. Why? Well obviously he cares about his health but he also cares about Jimin so, theoretically, he must be thinking that Jin should be preserving his energy for some unknown reason. It we were expecting an attack, then that would make sense."

Yoongi spoke, his voice trailing slowly as though he'd lost the energy to do anything. On the other hand, Jimin had a look of sadness his eyes, his brown eyes being too glossy to be normal. "Why even ask us that question?" Yoongi groaned, rubbing the minuscule hairs on his chin.

"Because Namjoon and Jin wouldn't tell me if something was wrong and Jungkook would try to protect me from any worry. If anyone was going to spill the beans, it would be you two."

I send them a pointed look, my eyebrow raised, to which Jimin responded by hitting his head on the table desktop, moaning when a red patch blossomed on his forehead.

"We're not supposed to tell you anything!" He moaned into the wood of the table, refusing to spill any secrets.

"Please Jimin," I replied, coming down close to him and trying to peer at his face from under his crossed arms. He just pouted, moving his uninjured arm slightly and blocking my view.

"There's really not much to say," Yoongi said. "It's all superstition."

I waited for him to elaborate to which he showcased his annoyance with a prominent sigh. "Namjoon's been getting some disconcerting messages from the laboratory. I don't have much information about what's exactly been said but he's worried."

"Can't we just leave? Go somewhere far away?"

"If only it was that easy. We can't just move without anywhere to go and Namjoon is struggling to get in contact with Si Hyuk. We're going to have to hold on for a little longer."

"I don't want to move anyway, I like it here," Jimin pondered, blinking up from under his long lashes. "I never want to go back to staying in dodgy motels."

"You had to do that?" I asked, already shivering at the idea.

"Yeah! When we first left, we didn't have any money to afford anything nice so we stayed in these really horrible places. They had spiders everywhere!" To say that Jimin was describing something so horrific, he didn't seem to be that affected. In fact, he was beaming as though the memories were fond.

"Hey, Hoseok is calling us down." Yoongi peered out of the window, squinting slightly at the boy who must have been shouting below. However, Yoongi's expression quickly turned into scowl when he couldn't understand. With a fierce tug, he pulled open the window and hung his upper body from out of the frame. The mere sight made me feel queasy.

"The food is ready," Yoongi finally announced, hauling himself back into the room. "We should probably go."

As we left the room Jimin made one final statement. "Fine but I'm not going near the barbecue."

Even Yoongi couldn't help but chuckle lightly.