𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 || 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐄

a/n: whoops?

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ]
finale

"Jungkook! Come back!" I shouted, cupping my hands into the shape of a funnel in order to try and project my voice further. It didn't work and the boy gradually flickered in and out of range as he continued to sprint in the opposite direction. This was ridiculous; what sort of person could run this quickly?

After a couple of minutes of running down my energy, I realised that it was pointless. I was never going to catch up with Jungkook and, I might as well go back and get some help. It's not like I'd be able to do anything on my own.

Running back to the spot where we had started, I paused and catched my breath. My breath was wheezy as I pressed my head in my hands, my surroundings turning dizzy. Peering out of one eye, feeling unsteady on my feet, I glanced around. Empty- just as I had left it.

Wait.

I paused, my eyes fluttering around frantically. I hadn't left the opening completely empty; I'd left Jeno's unconscious body... except, now, there was no Jeno left behind.

I let out a stream of profanities as I crouched down, feeling the mud squelch under the pressure of my kneel. I stayed there, contemplating, for a good minute before making up my mind.

It was stupid- the worst plan (if I could even call it that) that I'd ever come up with- but it was the only way that I could ensure that I would get closure. If I couldn't save Jungkook and Jin, I'd at least like to know what was going to happen to them.

Pursing my lips, I took a shaky breath of determination as I peeled my body off the forest floor and faced the direction where the plane engine was singing tauntingly.

I pushed as hard as I could as the soles of my feet slammed against the soil floor. Occasionally I found myself tripping over a stray tree root or a dip in the soil but I kept sprinting, faster than I'd ever done before. I had to find Jungkook.

When I arrived at the large engine noise that signalled MediHeal's primary location, I paused in horror.

They were situated in the large grassy plain, we had used for training, a large military plane plonked in the middle. It was a steel monster with one of those walkways that could be lowered onto the floor. It was at that moment when I saw Jungkook, roughly squirming against the tight grasp of my former best friend.

I rushed forward without thinking, screaming Jungkook's name at the top of my lungs. It was stupid but I couldn't help it. I couldn't stand there whilst they dragged him around like a mere rag doll. Like he had no importance.

At the call of his name, Jungkook locked eyes with me. At that moment, time seemed to slow as he began to shout words that were unintelligible at my distance, his eyes widened in pure shock. He obviously hadn't expected me to follow him so recklessly. I also heard another noise, not words, more like a panicked moan. There he was- the boy Jungkook had risked everything for. Jin.

I had been sorely incorrect when I had made the assumptions that they wouldn't treat Jin roughly or with harm. He was thrashing like a deer in a bear trap as he endlessly tried to escape the hold that was wrapped around his arms. He was so stressed, so much so that the veins on his neck and forehead had appeared but, what was worse about all of this, was the strip or fabric tied around his head, muffling his words and drying his tears.

"Well, well look what we have here," a voice called, as I continued to approach the ship against Jungkook's pleas. The words, that taunting voice- it had to be her.