𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

a/n: the amount of love that I've been getting has been insane and I can't thank you guys enough!

also, I just wanted to say that my account and book is a safe place for anyone no matter race, skin colour, religion and sexuality. just remember that you are important and loved.

#blm

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ]

Jin sat patiently on the bed, awaiting the familiar prick of a needle.

He'd been called down to the infirmary for a sample of blood to be extracted. They did this often although, Jin was a much more regular patient then the rest of the boys. He didn't mind though; he'd rather himself feel the uncomfortable sting than any of the others, especially Hoseok who had developed a rational fear of the sharp object.

Just as the nurse was going to insert the needle into his awaiting arm, a series of loud yelps reverberated through the quiet room. Jin's eyebrows knitted in concern as he jumped off the bed and swatted the nurse's insistent hand away. He could have his blood taken anytime; this person sounded scared.

The infirmary neighboured the lab where tables of scientists spent hours labouring over microscopes and other arrays of medical equipment which Jin didn't care to understand. In the corner, was the isolation chamber.

The isolation chamber was essentially a cell but, unlike the boys' shared room, it had no windows and very little forms of comfort. Jin doubted that the room even had a bed- or at least that's what Yoongi said.

Even though a year had passed since the fateful accident, Yoongi still committed himself to getting in trouble frequently. He spent more time in the isolation room then his own bed.

Jin stormed towards the isolation chamber, despite the protests of scientists and guards, and peeked inside the open door. I'm the corner of the steel room, a small boy of about sixteen years curled up. He had tears rolling endlessly down his cheeks as the scientists approached him, looming over like an intimidating shadow.

The boy whimpered, pushing the balls of his palms into his eyes and rubbing as if to erase his sight from his memory. He reminded Jin of a deer on the first day of hunting season or a small mouse who had been spotted by a cat. His whole body trembled with fear as he hastily gulped, trying to get as much air as possible.

"Hey! Move out the way!" Jin pushed through the crowd of scientists and sat down next to the quivering boy.

"What's your name sweetie?" Jin asked, almost cooing at the boy. Having a motherly approach always seemed to work with the other boys.

In that moment his mind flashed back to his first moments with Jungkook, a boy who he hadn't seen cry in at least two years now. Jin couldn't help but smile softly at the boy's progress. He couldn't believe that the boy was nearly fourteen- time really did fly.

Snapping out of his nostalgia, Jin placed a comforting hand on top of the boy's shaking one.

"My name is Seokjin," Jin prompted when the boy didn't answer.

The boy's eyes snapped up to meet Jin's, his tears abruptly stopping as he examined the boy from head to toe, "Jin hyung?"

Jin paused wondering where this boy had obtained his nickname when he spoke again. "That's what Yoongi hyung calls you. He visits me often."

Jin felt his heart melt as he realised the situation that lay before him. This entire year, he'd just assumed that Yoongi had been setting things on fire for the sake of pissing the scientists off. In actual fact, he'd wanted to get in trouble so that he could visit this boy.

Jin scoffed. Of course Yoongi wouldn't say anything; he wouldn't want them to think he'd gone softhearted. But Jin knew the truth now.

"Want to make a deal? You can call me that if you tell me your name. Then we can go and visit Yoongi."

The boy's eyes lit up and colour rushed to his cheeks as he hastily stood up, slightly wobbling before righting himself.

"My name is Kim Taehyung!"

Jin managed, with a lot of persuading, to allow Taehyung to accompany him back to the cell-room so that he could fulfil his promise. Even though it took a lot of effort, Jin was still surprised when they agreed. By the sounds of it, this boy had been here for close to a year and they were only letting him go free now. It was very suspicious.

As they were walking back to the cell, a skip in Taehyung's step, he spoke. "I'm so happy that I'm out of that room. They told me that they wouldn't let me leave until the others left."

Jin halted and grabbed Taehyung's shoulders, startling the boy. "What do you mean until the others left?"

Taehyung's breath caught as the menacing stare of Jin's glare trapped him in place. "I don't know!" He pleaded, holding his arms up in surrender. "They just said that two people were going to be sent away."

"Do you remember their names?"

"Something beginning with J and one name started with Nam."

"Jungkook or Jimin?"

"Jungkook." Taehyung nodded, the memory flooding back to him.

Jin began to experience internal panic as he thought over what Taehyung had revealed to him. Jungkook and Namjoon were being shipped to somewhere and no one, expect the newbie, had any knowledge of it. It was too strange.

"Where did they say they were going? Why?"

Jin didn't mean to intimidate the younger boy with his forceful confrontation but if Jungkook and Namjoon were being sent away, he had to know why.

"They said that they were going to South Korea to finish their 'training'."

Training?

The sudden thought hit Jin like a truck. They were dispatching the two boys back to their home country to be weapons. He'd always knew that this was a possibility but, after 5 years, he couldn't believe that it was actually happening.

In that split second he made up his mind.

"How do you feel about escaping this goddamn place?"

Taehyung smirked in understanding.

"Let's do it."