𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ]

"Here, this should help the swelling," I said, coaxing the pack of frozen peas into Jimin's hands. He stared at the package aimlessly for a couple of seconds before sighing, reluctantly placing it against the swelling bruise under his left eye.

Luckily for all of us, Jimin hadn't been as injured as first inspection had seemed. Sure, he was a mess but there was nothing fatal.

"He'll survive," is what Namjoon had said once he returned from his scouting mission but I could tell that he was cringing internally, either from seeing his friend in the shocking state or already imaging the discomfort that Jimin was confronted with. Yoongi had a similar reaction, except this boy looked a lot more riled up.

"What happened?' Yoongi said, leaning against the wall with a scowl on his face. We had taken the executive decision not to move Jimin from his spot on the floor meaning we were all sat, cross-legged, like preschoolers in the middle of the hallway. This excluded Yoongi who insisted on standing, looming over us like some sort of intimidating figure of power.

"They got in. I don't know how." Jimin pursed his lips and hissed as the cold, from the peas, seeped into his throbbing wound.

"Apparently a hidden passage in the cellar," Namjoon announced, looking at me for confirmation. I nodded and the boy glowered. "Hoseok, will you check it out?"

"Sure thing." Hoseok instantly jumped up from his spot on the floor, bouncing around like a bunny of springs. He'd been itching to get some action, I could tell. Plus, it would work well as as a distraction from the situation with Jin. The boy gave us one last feeble wave before slinking away, the only sound being the retreating footsteps as he descended the stairs.

"They weren't interested in me or Jiminie," Taehyung spoke up, also sneaking frequent, concerned looks at the boy next to him. Once we'd found Jimin, we managed to find Taehyung hiding behind the curtain in the bedroom, murmuring incoherent nonsense. He seemed to have snapped out of whatever strange trance had taken over pretty quickly, however, and we'd all congregated in the hall, waiting for Yoongi and Namjoon to return. Once they had, the story begun to unfold pretty quickly.

"We were all in the infirmary when I heard a crash from below," Jimin mused. "I thought it was you guys returning but Hoseok had only just left and I knew that he wouldn't have been able to find you quickly enough so, I guessed something fishy was happening and locked the door."

The boy paused, rubbing a hand over his face. He stared at ground for a quick minute before continuing. "I didn't think they'd go after Jin so I left him on his bed. I tried to wake him up but he was still flat out. Then, I don't really- I don't really recall much." The boy hiccuped back a sob, Taehyung reaching out and grabbing his hand in an intimate embrace of palms. "Gosh, its such a blur."

Realising his friend lacked the capability to continue, Taehyung interrupted and continued the story. "They stormed in and there was a lot of confusion, screaming, etc." The boy waved his hands for emphasis. "Jimin hyung tried to protect me by shielding me in the corner because I was too weak to attack but they didn't even blink at us. As soon as those soldiers saw Jin, they barged forwards and dragged him out, of bed, by his hair." Jimin suddenly grasped Taehyung's hand, squeezing it intently. He shot the boy a subtle look and I could tell that he was requesting him to make his tale a bit more mellow. It was probably a good idea on Jimin's part, in all honesty, considering Namjoon looked as though he was going to hurl his guts up anytime soon.

"Anyway, Jimin jumped on this soldier's back and started shouting. They got into this bad scrap (which Jimin was loosing by the way) and then he got shoved into this corner. There was the pointing of guns and then, Jimin jumped on top of me to protect me but, by that time, they'd already taken Jin hyung." I had the urge to tell Taehyung that he was a dreadful storyteller but zipped it, considering the boy looked quite impressed by his recall of events. "We were too weak to follow so Jimin hyung made me hide in the bedroom whilst he tried to find you guys. That's it."