𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

a/n: okay... I'm mean but i'm not THAT mean

[ 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 ]

Jimin heard the large whirring sound of a plane beginning its ascent.

"A plane?" The boy mumbled in confusion, wondering why on earth a plane would be situated in the middle of the countryside. When the realisation hit him, it was like trigger of a bomb had been pulled.

Everyone had dispersed after Jungkook had mysteriously left. There was no point in creating a mastermind plan if the strongest person wasn't there to agree. So, ultimately, the conclusive decision was made to track him, and Hayeon, down.

Jimin decided to not leave immediately, instead opting to wallow in his own misery, hitting his head repeatedly on the wood of the dining table. After a while of sitting in stifling silence and feeling a blossoming bruise on his head, adding to the mountain of injuries he had already obtained, the boy decided to join in the hunt for the elusive boy.

As he entered the forest, his feet only just touching the first fall of leaves, he heard the plane overhead.

It wasn't a good sign- it meant that MediHeal was eager to make their evacuation and, quite probably, still had control over Jin.

Jimin hurried his pace, keeping a peeled eye open for any of his friends. When he didn't bump into anyone, his panic increased ten fold and he felt a tightening in his throat. This was his fault. If he hadn't been so weak, Jin would've never been seized.

He collided with a tree and cursed loudly, screaming vulgar words at the tree as though it was to blame from his negligence. As he began to get excessively heated at the poor tree, a voice rang through the opening.

"Jimin?" The voice was instantly recognisable- Yoongi.

Jimin fumbled slightly, shooting an apologetic look at the tree, and tumbled towards the voice, tripping around like a drunken pirate on a stormy sea. When he emerged into the field, which he recognised from his endless training with Hoseok (when he didn't insist on him walking on water), his eyes instantly zoned on the two figures on the ground.

"Holy cow, is she okay?" Jimin gasped, looking at the scene before him. Yoongi was kneeling on the grass only inches away from Hayeon, who's body was sprawled unmercifully on the cold floor.

Jimin rushed forwards, his self pity evaporating instantly, as he made way for the body. He didn't want to admit so but, from this angle, she didn't look...alive. Either way, she needed aid. Instantly.

Just as his body fell down next to Yoongi's and he reached out to check her pulse, a grip of steel encased his wrist. He looked up in alarm but Yoongi simply glared back at him, increasing the choke hold around his wrist.

"What the hell are you doing?" Jimin rasped, urgently wiggling his entire arm. Yoongi's persistence didn't budge and Jimin wondered how the boy had gotten so strong. Only a month ago, Jimin could pummel the older boy in a arm wrestle.

"You can't touch her," Yoongi growled, as if his sentence made blatant sense. Jimin just blinked up at him, scrutinising him from head to toe. Was there something wrong with the boy? Everyone knew that him and Hayeon weren't exactly best friends but he didn't want to believe that Yoongi would let her die in a field.

Yoongi glared at Jimin, slowly releasing his tight grip. "You need to find Namjoon, ASAP."

"Why?" Jimin pouted, eyes flickering back towards the pasty face of the unconscious girl. Namjoon was the best at medical care, other than Jin, but Jimin was an easy third place- he could handle this.

"For goodness sake Jimin!" Yoongi snapped, his eyes slitting like a snake. "Find Namjoon. Now."

"Tell me why!" Jimin fired back, puffing out his chest as he glared down at the older boy. Everyone knew that if anyone could stand up to Yoongi, it was Jimin.

Yoongi puffed out a breath of air and rubbed his temple. Reluctantly, he held out his hand and motioned for Jimin to return the action. Jimin's eyebrows furrowed and hesitated before placing his palm into the hand of the older's.

"You asked for this," Yoongi suddenly said, pulling Jimin's hand towards Hayeon's upper arm. "This is going to hurt."

As soon as Jimin's skin made contact with the girl's a bolt of pain shot up through his arm, his veins igniting in a sudden burst of excruciating agony. He cursed angrily, trying to pull away from the torment but it was as if his entire body had seized, forcing him to suffer through the burning sensation. He felt wetness well up in his eyes and he started shouting annoyed profanities at Yoongi. Luckily, Yoongi seemed to understand the gist and dragged Jimin's arm away so that contact between the two people was now nonexistent.

Jimin instantly collapsed to the floor, cradling his numb arm and feeling agonising pain all over his entire body. "What the fuck?" He moaned, so consumed by numbness, that he failed to notice that he was lying in a pile of mud.

Yoongi scoffed menacingly. "Don't be a wimp, you hardly touched her."

Jimin squinted at the boy, mouth twisting into a scornful frown. That was until he noticed the state of Yoongi. He didn't know how he hadn't noticed it earlier but the boy looked wrecked. Like he'd been hit by a car several times and then proceeded to be ran over with a truck backwards. Jimin winced, realising that his older friend must have had an unfortunate run in with Hayeon who was currently emitting the uninviting aura.

"What do we do then?" Jimin hummed, leaning over to examine the girl's face and avoiding any direct contact. He did not want another repeat.

"Namjoon should hopefully be able to lift her and then, I don't know..." Yoongi paused for a second, contemplating his plan of action. "I guess we'll have to wait for her to wake up."

"We should probably tell Jungkook, he'll murder us if we don't tell him," Jimin mused, nodding obliviously.

Yoongi paused, hanging his head in shame. Jimin knew something was wrong instantaneously; Yoongi was never this quiet. Something had gone wrong, terribly so.

"Please don't tell me..." Jimin peered up at his older friend, feeling his optimism get gradually buried deeper and deeper. "Did they get Jungkook?" His voice dropped on the word 'get' as though he was scared to except reality.

Yoongi nodded slowly, clenching his knuckles and refusing to look up. The grief was eating him alive; they'd only just recaptured the boy and yet they'd allowed him to risk his freedom all over again. They should have known that he'd go after Jin. Yoongi should have known.

"Hyung, what do we do?" Jimin cried, his bottom lip wobbling. He knew Yoongi wouldn't be the same after this. After what happened last time... the guilt destroyed him. The only thing that kept him functioning was the hope that Jungkook would return. But, this time, would that even be possible?

Yoongi, knowing the younger boy needed some comfort, held out his arm and Jimin instantly crawled under it so that the two were exchanging a hug. They did this a lot when no one was watching. No one really understood the friendship between them.

"I don't know," Yoongi wheezed, barely catching his breath as he attempted to swallow his brewing sobs. If there was one thing the boy hated, it was showing weakness.

"It's all over."