𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

a/n: how is everyone? hope you're doing good

does anyone have any kdrama recommendations??
i'll literally watch anything at this point, covid sucks :(

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ]

"So where are we actually going?" I asked, putting my feet up on the dashboard. Yoongi gritted his teeth but sighed softly.

"Daejeon, like Namjoon told us to." I turned to look at the boy, still sprawled on the backseat with his mouth wide open as he enjoyed his sleep. I had tried to wake him up but he remained dead to the world so I quickly gave up, allowing him the couple extra of hours of sleep. "Hopefully the others were listening."

"How long are we going to be?"

"You're like a whiny child," the boy grumbled, wiping sleep from under his eyes whilst keeping his eyes on the road. The distance from Incheon to Daejeon wasn't far but Yoongi had taken many backroads in order to shake off a potential tail. We'd been travelling for 4 hours now and I could tell Yoongi was starting to feel the effects of his depleted power and fatigue kicking in.

"That's not answering my question," I said, pointing out the obvious. Annoying Yoongi was quite quickly becoming one of my favourite activities.

"I don't know," he snapped, his voice raised in a shout. He looked a bit peaky, even his brow had begun to sweat.

"Hey, you don't look too good," I said, touching his arm and recoiling when the skin almost seemed to scold me. "Maybe I should drive."

"You can drive?" He said, rubbing his head as if he was trying to shake away some unseeable pain. I nodded dutifully and the tension in his shoulders dropped as he let out a breath of pure relief. It wasn't long before we pulled up to a small gas station, Yoongi almost toppling out of the car.

"Woah, you should slow down," I said, rushing to his side and helping him up. He must have exhausted himself when he lit up those trees, like some sort of kindling, and the tiredness was only just kicking it. He wobbled unsteadily but swatted my hand away with a scowl on his face.

"I'm fine. I'll get some snacks." He hobbled over to the shop and I couldn't help but shake my head, cursing the boy under my breath. A little bit of help never hurt anyone and being ungrateful would never get him anywhere.

I quickly peered in through the tinted windows of the car to check that Namjoon was okay to be left alone. The only response I got was a little sleepy yawn.

Whilst Yoongi was on snack duty, I went to the toilets in order to freshen up. When I caught a glimpse of myself in the dirty bathroom mirror, I almost cried in indignation. I was still in my pyjamas, with that ridiculous coat thrown over the top, and my hair was in a knotty pile on my head. As I lifted the tangled matts in my hair, I could help but think Jungkook would have a field day brushing these things out. My heart hurt at the mere thought of the boy; I just hoped that he was safe.

I quickly did my business and splashed my face with cool water before exiting and returning back into the open, the sun beginning the rise in the distance. The sun rise would have been beautiful if I didn't have a million other things to focus on.

Sluggishly trudging back to the car, I did a double take when I realised that Yoongi hadn't returned. It wasn't as if I had spent a millennium in the bathroom but I certainly hadn't rushed. He should've been back by now.

I gulped nervously, my eyes flashing over everything my eyesight could possible see. There was a hardly a car insight, never mind an army of soldiers with guns, which I would've been expecting. My intake of breath loosened slightly as I walked towards the store, constantly stealing looks back to the car in case someone tried to approach the snoozing Namjoon. Nothing happened.

As I pushed the shop door open, a bell rang out obnoxiously and alerted the entire shop of my presence. "Yoongi," I hissed, peering around each shelf. "Where are you?"

"Can I help you?"

"Oh gosh," I said, almost jumping into the air as a person spoke from behind me. I quickly spun on my foot and got a good look at the shop worker who had held his hands up in innocent surrender. He would be kind of cute, if that was my type. "Have you seen a boy about this height," I held a hand a couple inches above mine, "with black hair and a blue jacket?"

The boy shook his head rapidly. "No, the shop's been dead since this morning."

Damn it. Without hesitation, I grabbed a random packet of gummy sweets and a couple bottles of water and shoved 10,000 won into the hands of the confused worker before storming out of the shop. On the way out, I called back out to him. "Keep the change!"

When I was back outside, I stood awkwardly whilst trying to formulate some kind of plan. Had Yoongi been abducted? That would certainly put a kink in our plans. "Maybe I should wake Namjoon up," I murmured to myself, glancing back at the yellow sports car, still stood alone in the car park. I quickly decided that it was the most solid plan and began to stroll over when I heard a voice call my name.

I whipped around so fast, that my head almost snapped of its neck. The voice was definitely Yoongi's but he didn't sound scared or angry, just normal. I tried to understand where the voice had come from when he spoke again, the noise coming out from the back of the shop.

With my eyebrows knitted in confusion, I went to see what the fuss was about only to see Yoongi crouched on the ground, cooing at a stray puppy. The dog was a little brown fluffy thing, obviously unowned, but still kind of cute. I hastily shook my head, scolding my softheartedness.

"No, no, no," I announced trying to pull the boy, by the edge of his jacket, away from the small dog. He refused to relent, picking the dog up in his arms so that it nestled into his coat pocket. My anger almost bottled over the top. "No strays."

Yoongi barked a low laugh. "I think we've already broken that rule."

He gave me a pointed look and I had the overwhelming urge to smack that smug smile off his face. "Haha, real funny." My amusement had quite quickly washed away and I was growing impatient to get back on the road and away from this cursed gas station. "Let the dog go."

"No," he said instantly, his body stood in a threatening stance whilst he stroked the little fluff on the dog's head. "I'm not leaving Holly."

"Oh great, you've given it a name," I said, hitting my head. "Fine! Bring the darn dog but you're the one dealing with Jin."

I knew that Jin would go positively ballistic as soon as he saw the animal. Although, it probably wouldn't last too long if I knew the boy well enough. Anything cute was his downfall.

Yoongi continued to cradle the dog like a newborn baby, even as he sat down in the passenger seat of the car. Any sign of weariness had disappeared in an instant. Who knew that the infamous Min Yoongi had a soft spot for puppies? Certainly not me. In fact, I had quite a hard time believing it and kept sneaking suspicious looks at the two. They were already thick as thieves, the dog curling up in the boy's lap and panting softly.

"There's some water in the side pocket," I stated, noticing the alarming noises the poor puppy was making. Just because I hadn't wanted the dog to join our squad, didn't mean that I didn't want it to be in well health. The thought of the any dog being injured was a hurtful thought.

Yoongi uttered a thanks as he poured the water in the lid, gently tipping the liquid into the dogs mouth. "There you go, good boy."

"Boy? I thought it was called Holly?"

"He is." He didn't expand his reasoning and I found myself shaking my head for, quite possibly, the tenth time today.

"I don't understand you Min Yoongi."