𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

a/n: i want to thank bag_talk for the amazing cover!!!

seriously i've never had as many love as I've had recently
i remember when I had 100 votes at the start of june, and now I have 4K!!
That's insane, i love you guys soooo much

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 ]

"Hmm it smells nice," Jimin hummed, breathing in deeply as we got closer to the barbecue.

As soon as Jimin came into Jin's line of sight, the older stood up and rushed forwards, so quickly it was as if his pants were on fire. "Jimin, are you okay? Does it hurt? Be honest."

Jin scanned the entire boy's body, eyes squinted in scrutiny. With gentle hands, he peeled back the boy's sleeve and glimpsed at the bandaged arm. Apparently, he approved of Yoongi and I's handiwork as he hummed appreciatively. Looking up at me, he smiled softly. "Thank you."

"It was mostly Yoongi," I replied, not being the slightest bit untruthful. Yoongi had been completely correct earlier; he certainly did know how to treat burns.

The aforementioned boy blinked as if he couldn't believe what I had just said. When the realisation seemed to have settled in, he blushed a ferocious pink colour. "Umm... thanks."

"Is the food nearly ready hyung?" Jimin asked, bounding up the the barbecue but staying a good distance away so that, if he was to fatefully fall, he would get a face full of dirt rather than hot coal. Peering over, he clapped his hands in approval. "Wow, who knew I was such a good cook."

Taehyung stifled a laugh in the background, coughing into his hand. "You aren't. Jin hyung had to redo the entire thing."

Jimin paused in disbelief, before sighing regretfully. "Damn it, I was hoping to at least do something without screwing up."

Taehyung and the boy continued to talk so I took my leave, heading straight towards Jungkook who was currently perched in one of those fold up camping chairs. "Is everything okay?" He asked, glancing at Jimin and back again.

"It's all perfect, he's as good as new. What about Jin and Namjoon?"

Jungkook sighed, pushing a hand through the long tendrils of hair. Considering I hadn't even cut it that long ago, it was as unruly as ever. "It's rough, they're not talking to each other. That hardly ever happens."

"I'm sure it will all blow over with time," I replied, holding his hand as I sat down in the seat next to him. Jungkook was one of those extremely empathetic types of people; if his friends were sad, so was he.

"Yeah, I hope so," he mumbled in response, shooting a worried glance at the moping Namjoon who sat, by himself, in the corner. I couldn't help but feel bad for him. After all, he only wanted to protect Jin,

"Okay, food is ready," Jin shouted out of the blue, waving his skewer once again.

Instantly, Taehyung leaped forwards, a plate already in his hands and awaiting food. Jin laughed at the boy's antics and piled the meat onto his plate, the boy disappearing quickly to shovel the food into his mouth. "Hmm, this is so good," Taehyung mumbled through a mouth of food.

"Don't be so gross Taehyung," Hoseok announced, flicking the boy's forehead as he walked past.

Once Hoseok had gotten his fair share, Jungkook and I decided to go up. By the looks of it, it was a major relief that Jin had taken over from Jimin and I. With the amount of steaming food still piled up on barbecue still, our portions would have been way too small.