𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

a/n: double update because ily guys so much!

also, this chapter kinda made me both sad and angry so enjoy and grab the tissues and the weapons.

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ]

The boys huddled in the living room of their first hideout. It had only been a week since they'd escaped MediHeal Laboratory and they'd been lying low in Bang Si Hyuk's (the scientist who had taken the boys into his care) house. Soon they would have to move on but their new destination was unknown.

"I think we should go to somewhere obscure," Jimin said. They had managed to get a flight back to their home country, South Korea, but he was scared that it was too conspicuous. They should think about getting out of the country where they'd be harder to track. Jimin liked the idea of living in Europe.

"Well I think we could settle down alright here. We know the language and we can stay under the radar," Yoongi said, picking dirt out of his nails.

"It's not that simple," Namjoon sighed. "If we stay in Korea, we're going to have to move location every month at the least."

"I have an idea," Jungkook mumbled, his foot beginning to tap a rhythm on the bottom of the coffee table. "I want to visit my mum."

There was a tense silence as the boys turned to look at him blankly. He gulped but continued. "She might be looking for me. I'm going to see her, you can't stop me."

Yoongi chuckled menacingly. "Look kid, you're way in over your head. Your mother is probably a good-for-nothing who abandoned you for a bit of extra money."

Jungkook snarled, baring his teeth and crushing the wood under his palms. "Don't speak about my mother that way!"

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Hoseok leaning forward and preparing to use his enhancement to calm down his heated attitude and Jimin sidling close to Yoongi in case he had to restrain him. This was the problem with having a group of teenage boys with supernatural powers- fights could be lethal. With one last piercing glare at the older, Jungkook sauntered out of the room.

As soon as he exited, he felt himself exhale as tears filled his eyes. He tried to take a shaky breath but he kept sobbing out loud. He regretted shouting at Yoongi straight away; for all Jungkook knew, he could be right about his mother. It was just painful thinking about how reality could play out. Wiping his eyes frantically, he rushed to his room and spent the rest of the night curled under his bed covers in a pitiful heap.

"What on earth was that?" Jin snapped, sending daggers towards Yoongi who sat emotionless at the end of the room.

Jin was protective of Jungkook, more than he realised, and he often found himself supporting the boy at every bump in the road. He couldn't view that young boy as anything than a little angel. On the other hand, Yoongi was the epitome of a demon.

Yoongi shrugged nonchalantly. "I was just telling the truth. The kid would just get hurt."

Jin scoffed. "Just because you don't have a mum."

It was as if a pin had dropped and all the boys turned to look at the eldest boy in pure shock. There was no way that sweet Seokjin, notorious for being an absolute sweetheart, had just said that.

Yoongi's anger fizzled inside him as he stood up from his chair violently and began to advance towards Jin in a threatening manner. "Want to say that again?"

Jimin also stood up with Yoongi, wrapping the boy in a backwards hug and holding him back from hurting the other. "Yoongi calm down." He nuzzled his head into his friends back and squeezed him tighter. "And Jin, you should apologise."