𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

a/n: I kinda hate this chapter... whoops

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ]

Jungkook pulled the hair out from the iconic topknot and waved his long hair out as he winded down for the night. He told me that he was going to shower and I was welcome to wait in his bedroom until he returned and then, he promised to show me my room. I saw him grab a towel from the side and heard the click of the bathroom lock, leaving me alone.

Instantly, I jumped up from the bed and began to explore the room. I knew that I shouldn't snoop but I wasn't going to rifle through his private drawers, just take note of the room's decorations.

However, I quickly realised that the room was pretty void of personal belongings although, I suppose that did make sense. They were constantly moving house; bedroom decor wasn't exactly important. One thing that caught my attention, however, was the few books laying lazily on a dusty bookshelf.

The books were instantly recognisable from their iconic authors. I picked up an anthology by John Keats and flipped through the array of poems. In the corners and the spines, Jungkook had scribbled little notes and annotations. Sometimes, he'd even drawn little drawings and I lifted the book closer to get a better look at the doodles. I'd only ever seen one piece of Jungkook's and alongside these little drawings, it proved that he was an outstanding artist.

I felt a pang in my chest when I realised that he'd left that beloved sketchbook of his in the laboratory. Feeling saddened, I ran a finger down the cover of the book before sighing and slotting the book into its place on the shelf. This was probably too private for me to be looking at. For Jungkook, his art was his diary. It was a way to express his innermost thoughts.

I trudged back to his bed, falling against the soft pillows and smelling the faint, minty smell that I had accustomed to Jungkook.

"Are you tired?" I blinked in surprise as I looked up to see Jungkook face mere inches from mine as he leaned in close to observe whether I was awake or asleep.

I coughed, jumping up and away from his close profile. "I'm a-a bit tired, I guess?"

I tried not to look at his face knowing that if I succumbed, my face would alight and give away my clear embarrassment. Gosh, what was wrong with me? I had been close to Jungkook before for goodness sake but, now, I was acting like some smitten teenage girl. I needed to snap out of it.

"Come on then." He held out a hand and I hesitated before sliding my palm into his. He pulled, only slightly (so that I didn't go flying), and helped me onto my feet.

To my surprise, my designated room was only a couple of metres away from Jungkook's. In fact, I could see his open door from where I was standing.

"It's not much," he said, flushing slightly as he motioned around. "We didn't have a bed either so Namjoon had to move one from the infirmary."

I recognised the metal bed frame from when I'd awoken earlier that day but, in all honesty, it didn't bother me. I hadn't expected to live in luxury when I decided to run away from life.

"No." I shook my head. "It's perfect, thank you."

"Will you be okay alone?" He asked, worry sketched on his face.

I smiled, flattered that he cared enough to ask, and nodded surely. The large, old house looked a little bit haunted and probably had some creepy stories attached along to its reputation but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.

He delayed for a second and I punched him lightly in the shoulder. "Seriously, I'll be fine."

"Okay." There was a delayed pause as if he was trying to gain the courage to say something. Instead he settled for a simple, "Good night."