𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

a/n: can I just say that I love your comments so much. you guys literally make my day <3

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ]

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked, sending me a sidewards glance. We'd been ushered out of the dining room, by Jin, who insisted that we had to go see Namjoon immediately and, as we walked down the hallway, I had noticed that Jungkook kept looking at me from the corner of his eye.

"I'm fine," I said, my voice croaking slightly. Not only did I sound like a hag but I probably looked like one, considering I hadn't even bathed since I arrived. He was probably observing how horrendous my appearance was.

"Good." We walked in silence for a while. It seemed that, now the tears had stopped, we had entered that awkward stage. Still, it felt good to be walking alongside Jungkook as friends and not as a scientist and her experiment.

Jin had given us directions to Namjoon's office and we dutifully followed his order, knocking on the red painted door he had pointed to.

I expected to hear the creak of floorboards or the turning of the brass door handle but the door ominously swung open instead. Damn, I kept forgetting that these boys all had powers. If I was Namjoon, I also wouldn't get up from my chair to open the door when my brain could do it for me. Still, it made my eyes widen in surprise as I stepped through the door frame.

Their was a chuckle and my eyes darted to the noise. Sitting on one of those spinning office chairs, was the famous Kim Namjoon that I had heard so much about. He was a rather lanky person with his long limbs and lack of posture, but he had this almost cheeky look about him. His hair was unruly and almost as long as Jungkook's and he had a pair of square glasses on his nose. He was rather cute in a geeky sort of way.

"Jungkook-ah." Namjoon stood up from the chair and ambled over to the two of us and wrapped the boy into an affectionate embrace. He scanned Jungkook up and down, tutted when he noticed the bruises on his arm but smiled. "It's good to have you back."

Jungkook smirked. "I've missed you Namjoon hyung."

"We've all missed you very much. Jin's been besides himself." Namjoon seemed to exhale as he rubbed his eyes sleepily. It was then when he seemed to notice that I was standing alongside Jungkook. "And Miss Kim, I guess we owe it all to you."

I blushed but bowed dutifully. "I really didn't do that much."

Namjoon waved his hands and ushered us further into the office where computer screens lined the entire room. If anything, it reminded me of the observation room and, by the wounded look of Jungkook's face, our minds had connected. I subconsciously found myself reaching down and grabbing his hand. He looked up at me in surprise but squeezed my hand gratefully in response.

"You're one of the only reasons that we managed to get Jungkookie back," Namjoon said, typing a complex password into the computer and bringing up a file. He clicked on several of them and I was faced with the multiple documents that I shared to him over the past month. From the list of fire exits to the familiar map of the vents, it was all displayed on screen.

"You did all this?" Jungkook asked in astonishment as he walked closer to the large screen, almost pressing his nose against it as he squinted to read the words.

"Truly, I did very little. It was all Jeno, really." I felt my heart pang. I would never see Jeno again. I'd ruined our entire friendship because I'd doubted his loyalty and was rude and inconsiderate towards him. I really was an awful person.

"Who's Jeno?" Namjoon asked curiously, not meaning harm.

I bit my lip and I could feel Jungkook shooting me another worried look. "He's just a friend. He's good."