𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

a/n: i had to gain so much courage to post this chapter because I was dreading it so much...
just, be nice :)

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ]

"Hey, where are you going," I laughed as Jungkook eagerly pulled at my hand. We had managed to sneak out of the living room undetected and now, we were heading up the abandoned stairwell towards our bedroom . I couldn't work out where on earth Jungkook was taking me.

He kept his mouth shut and continued to drag me along. We stopped in front of our bedroom and I shot him an alarmed look. He laughed, pointing upwards. "That's where we're going."

"The attic?" I asked, already envisioning the draught and the abundance of cobwebs. Shivering at the thought, I took a tentative step backwards.

Jungkook barked another laugh and removed the roof cover and pulled down a pair of ladders. I was surprised to see the night sky through the newly created port hole. "We're going to the roof?"

Jungkook's nod confirmed my suspicions as he motioned for me to climb the ladders. My fear of heights seemed to kick in again and I shakily approached the ladders, feeling the cool metal on my hands. Taking a deep breath, I prepared myself to lift a quivering foot when Jungkook spoke. "I can lift you up, if you don't want to climb?"

I felt the tension release as I nodded hurriedly, determined not to climb that death trap. Although, when Jungkook's arms wrapped around my waist, I almost reconsidered my plan. He gave me a swift countdown before hoisting me upwards without a hitch. As soon as I was near the top, I quickly scrambled to eagerly grab onto the ledge before pulling myself onto the rooftop. The boy followed quickly afterwards.

As I turned around, my mouth dropped. The boring roof had been transformed into something that was, quite possibly, the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

Fairy lights lined the entire wall and an assortment of flowers- roses, sunflowers, primroses- had been placed in every single crevice. In the centre of it all, sat a checkered blanket topped with an abundance of different foods. I blinked at the effort that had gone into this entire thing- even the food looked delectable.

"Jin helped me," Jungkook whispered from behind me, snapping me out of my reverie. "Especially with the food."

He nudged me towards the picnic blanket and, as I carefully stood over the array of pies, tarts and sandwiches, I noticed the real beauty.

"Do you expect us both to be able to eat that?" I laughed as my eyes landed on the biggest birthday cake I had ever seen. The craftsmanship on the frosting and icing was a work of art and I recognised it instantly. "Did you make this?"

Jungkook scratched his neck. "Jin baked it but," he paused, a proud blush furiously painting his cheeks, "I did the rest."

"It's incredible. All of this is but, why?"

He grew even more flustered, his eyes darting away from mine. "Just," he pulled at my hand, our fingers intertwining, "come here."

He guided me over to the picnic blanket and motioned for me to sit like a portly gentleman with his arms outstretched. I giggle at his antics and gracefully dipped down, crossing my legs once I was seated. He swiftly followed, sitting across from me. It was then when I noticed the familiar object in his hand.

"You want to draw?" I asked, spying the red sketchbook that I had gifted him mere hours ago. I didn't really blame him, if that was the reason. The night sky was particularly beautiful tonight.

He coughed. "I was hoping I could draw you?"

He worded it as a question, his eyebrows raised, and I felt myself still. "You brought me up here to be your model?"